Jicofo fails with strange error after successful authorization - Illegal JID: focus.jitsi.code_with_me.com

Hello, Community!

I try to run jitsi deployment in kubernetes cluster, and everything seems to be connecting to each other according to logs, but some jicofo internal error occurs.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal JID: focus.jitsi.code_with_me.com
BUT
XMPPConnection authenticated (XMPPTCPConnection[focus@auth.jitsi.code_with_me.com/focus4290604383715]
shows that jicofo knows it’s JID and it is correct

In browser we have these lines that could help understand the issue

Logger.js:154 2020-12-06T12:24:17.167Z [modules/xmpp/moderator.js] <l.setFocusUserJid>:  Focus jid set to:  undefined
Logger.js:154 2020-12-06T12:24:17.167Z [modules/xmpp/moderator.js] <l.createConferenceIq>:  Session ID: null machine UID: 404a61498799137f4750b301a7878ece

Overall UI behavior:

When I try to open two tabs of the same room simultaneously I only see “you are the only one in the meeting” in both tabs

Help me! I’m stuck with this error. Don’t know what to do :frowning:

If you need any configuration details - let me know please!

Thanks in advance

jicofo and prosody logs - HERE! (new users are not allowed to create attachments)
jicofo ip in logs - 10.60.8.18

You have some errors, try fixing those and see how it goes. Seems the domain you have configured has chars that are not allowed:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal JID: focus.jitsi.code_with_me.com
    at org.xmpp.packet.JID.<init>(JID.java:542)
    at org.xmpp.packet.JID.<init>(JID.java:496)
    at org.jivesoftware.whack.ExternalComponentManager.addComponent(ExternalComponentManager.java:244)
    at org.jivesoftware.whack.ExternalComponentManager.addComponent(ExternalComponentManager.java:222)
    at org.jitsi.meet.ComponentMain.lambda$getConnectCallable$0(ComponentMain.java:285)
    at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The input is not a valid JID domain part: focus.jitsi.code_with_me.com
    at org.xmpp.packet.JID.domainprep(JID.java:344)
    at org.xmpp.packet.JID.<init>(JID.java:530)
    ... 12 more
Caused by: gnu.inet.encoding.IDNAException: Contains non-LDH characters.
    at gnu.inet.encoding.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:118)
    at gnu.inet.encoding.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:57)
    at org.xmpp.packet.JID.domainprep(JID.java:330)

Thanks! It works now