Jibri XMPPError: not-allowed - cancel

Hi

I have recently updated my Jitsi Meet(Jicofo/Prosody/Web/JVB) and Jibri Dockers.

My Jitsi Meet is on one server and the Jibri on a different one. Everything has been working fine until I updated to the latest Docker images today. I have checked the ports(443,5222,5347,5280) are open and could only find this post that mentions the same issue, but no solution(XMPPError: not-allowed).

I have confirmed that these variables are the same for Jitsi and Jibri:

XMPP_INTERNAL_MUC_DOMAIN
XMPP_AUTH_DOMAIN
JIBRI_BREWERY_MUC
JIBRI_RECORDER_USER
JIBRI_RECORDER_PASSWORD
JIBRI_STRIP_DOMAIN_JID

Below are my logs from Jibri and Prosody/Jicofo, any ideas on what is wrong?

Hi

For anyone that has the same issue in the future, I fixed this by updating “ENABLE_RECORDING” to 1 on the Jicofo container.

Hi @Brandonza

I have configured ENABLE_RECORDING to 1, but still facing the same issues, please guide me

please find below the jibri logs

org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.callConnectionAuthenticatedListener() Exception in authenticated listener
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$XMPPErrorException: XMPP error reply received from jibribrewery@internal-muc.meet.jitsi/jibri-instanse-672582738: XMPPError: not-allowed - cancel
        at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient$1.authenticated(MucClient.java:287)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.callConnectionAuthenticatedListener(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:1297)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.afterSuccessfulLogin(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:572)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.afterSuccessfulLogin(XMPPTCPConnection.java:379)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.loginInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:444)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.login(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:491)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.login(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:448)
        at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7(MucClient.java:681)
        at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$XMPPErrorException: XMPP error reply received from jibribrewery@internal-muc.meet.jitsi/jibri-instanse-672582738: XMPPError: not-allowed - cancel
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$XMPPErrorException.ifHasErrorThenThrow(XMPPException.java:132)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.StanzaCollector.nextResultOrThrow(StanzaCollector.java:263)
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.enter(MultiUserChat.java:355)
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.createOrJoin(MultiUserChat.java:498)
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.createOrJoin(MultiUserChat.java:444)
        at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient$MucWrapper.join(MucClient.java:769)
        at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient$MucWrapper.access$700(MucClient.java:698)
        at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.joinMucs(MucClient.java:389)

Hi

Im not sure what else could cause this. Can you check ENABLE_RECORDING value in the running Jicofo container