Jibri XMPPError: not-allowed - cancel

Hi

I have recently updated my Jitsi Meet(Jicofo/Prosody/Web/JVB) and Jibri Dockers.

My Jitsi Meet is on one server and the Jibri on a different one. Everything has been working fine until I updated to the latest Docker images today. I have checked the ports(443,5222,5347,5280) are open and could only find this post that mentions the same issue, but no solution(XMPPError: not-allowed).

I have confirmed that these variables are the same for Jitsi and Jibri:

XMPP_INTERNAL_MUC_DOMAIN
XMPP_AUTH_DOMAIN
JIBRI_BREWERY_MUC
JIBRI_RECORDER_USER
JIBRI_RECORDER_PASSWORD
JIBRI_STRIP_DOMAIN_JID

Below are my logs from Jibri and Prosody/Jicofo, any ideas on what is wrong?

Hi

For anyone that has the same issue in the future, I fixed this by updating “ENABLE_RECORDING” to 1 on the Jicofo container.

Hi @Brandonza

I have configured ENABLE_RECORDING to 1, but still facing the same issues, please guide me

please find below the jibri logs

org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.callConnectionAuthenticatedListener() Exception in authenticated listener
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$XMPPErrorException: XMPP error reply received from jibribrewery@internal-muc.meet.jitsi/jibri-instanse-672582738: XMPPError: not-allowed - cancel
        at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient$1.authenticated(MucClient.java:287)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.callConnectionAuthenticatedListener(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:1297)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.afterSuccessfulLogin(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:572)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.afterSuccessfulLogin(XMPPTCPConnection.java:379)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.loginInternal(XMPPTCPConnection.java:444)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.login(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:491)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.login(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:448)
        at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.lambda$getConnectAndLoginCallable$7(MucClient.java:681)
        at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$XMPPErrorException: XMPP error reply received from jibribrewery@internal-muc.meet.jitsi/jibri-instanse-672582738: XMPPError: not-allowed - cancel
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$XMPPErrorException.ifHasErrorThenThrow(XMPPException.java:132)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.StanzaCollector.nextResultOrThrow(StanzaCollector.java:263)
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.enter(MultiUserChat.java:355)
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.createOrJoin(MultiUserChat.java:498)
        at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.createOrJoin(MultiUserChat.java:444)
        at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient$MucWrapper.join(MucClient.java:769)
        at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient$MucWrapper.access$700(MucClient.java:698)
        at org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.joinMucs(MucClient.java:389)

Hi

Im not sure what else could cause this. Can you check ENABLE_RECORDING value in the running Jicofo container

where you able to fix this error.

i am facing the same error and the value in the jicofo container is 1.
do you have maybe other suggestions?

Anyone managed to fix this? Im facing the exact same error

the same issue.