Jibri Recording in tile view

Is this possible at all?

The moderator of the meeting can enable follow me. Then when moderator enables tile view all participants including jibri will see tile view.

1 Like

Hi

I am trying to achieve this using self hosted iFrame Jitsi. I tried sending command api.executeCommand(‘followme’) but it is unsupported and cannot find documentation about it. Can you advise how I can achieve this when using the iFrame API(https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/dev-guide/dev-guide-iframe)?

Hello @Niclas_von_Ahsen,
have you managed to do it?
We would be intrested in the same thing, if you did it we will be happy to pay for the same customization

Hey, how can I configure jibri to record in tile view / speaker view?

I think by default it does in tile format and if I start a screen share, it shows the screen share.

@apperside, @Kaustubh_Trivedi

This is already built into the system, you don’t need any additional dev work to get it to work. The meeting moderator clicks on the ellipsis on the lower-right corner to access the pop-up menu:

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 11.57.31 PM

Then click on “Settings” to open up the Settings pop-up dialog box:

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 11.58.05 PM

In the 'Settings ’ pop-up dialog box, switch to the ‘More’ tab:

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 11.58.21 PM

And finally, check the option box next to “Everyone follows me” then click “OK”.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 11.58.43 PM

Once done, Jibri (Jitsi recorder) will record whatever view the moderator sets on their screen. Jibri is considered another ‘participant’ in the meeting (though hidden), so when you select “Everyone follows me”, you essentially set the view for everyone joining the meeting (they can still change the view on their end, but Jibri continues to follow your view and record the same).

1 Like

Okay thanks @Freddie. I think this will work out!
I was aware of this but could not find exactly where to find these features.
Thanks for the detailed pictures!

Hi @damencho ,

How can I set the record screen as tile view permanently when moderator option is not selected?

Thanks

@cagri What is this? Why are you spamming the forum with the same question???

@Freddie sorry for the same question but i dont found any answer. I dont want to spam the forum. I wanted to ask my new question under similar topics instead of asking in a new topic.

Thanks for your reply.