Jibri `Recording failed to start` after config changes

I know this is a common problem and can be searched through the forum, but I believe my problem is different from the mentioned ones.

I could setup Jibri and recording was perfectly alright and even did a 5 hours long recording too for testing. Jibri and Jitsi are on different server. Config:
Jitsi - 8GB Ram, 2vCPU
Jibri - 32GB Ram, 8vCPU

After testing for the first time I stopped the jibri instance as recording is not needed in any near future but only for testing.

Today, I made some changes on interface-config.js and title.html in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/. I also changed the toolbarButtons inside /etc/jitsi/meet/meet.mydomain.com-config.js. Rest has been same since the installation.

After changing the config, I started the Jibri server (and also started jibri). But when I try to start recording, the jibri user connects to meeting and immediately leaves throwing a Recording failed to start popup.

I wonder what went wrong after initial testing. There could be several reasons-

• I broke something while changing config
  • Some required service have been turned of when I shut the jibri server down and I have to manually start them
  • Something else

Thanks in advanced!

Edit: Seems like it wasn’t an issue with the Jitsi configuration but Jibri configuration.

The resolutions in jibri.conf and xorg-video-dummy.conf was different.

Thanks to @emrah for debugging!

Well, what does your jibri log show?

Can you mention the exact file? There are several in /var/log/jitsi/jibri

log.0.txt

Here: Jibri Log - Pastebin.com

What is the output for

lsmod | grep aloop

Does it work if you revert the changes?

Reverting /etc/jitsi/meet/mydomain.com-config.js doesn’t work any better. And the changes in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/interface-config.js is just change of app name from Jitsi to MyDomain.

Check browser.txt in the Jibri logs, it might be choking on the config file.