Jibri Recording Error

Hello I am a Korean using jitsi meet open source.

After installing Docker recently, while using the recording function, the recorded file is damaged and cannot be opened.

When you press the end recording button, the Jibri error log as shown in the picture below occurs.

Welcome to the forum.

What java version are you using? Make sure you have java 8.

This is the Java version in the jibri container…

스크린샷 2020-12-10 오전 11.39.44

What do you get when you run this?

update-alternatives --config java

Here it is.

Good. Just to confirm, what do you get when you open this file?

nano /opt/jitsi/jibri/launch.sh

Ok. This may not be necessary because it looks like you only have one version of java on your system, but replace “java” in that line with the full path “/usr/lib/jvm/adoptopenjdk-8-hotspot-amd64/bin/java”

I changed it as shown in the picture and restarted Docker, but the same error occurs… ㅠㅠ

In the past, the server configured with Docker works with the recording function.

I am getting this error on a server I recently configured with Docker…

The difference between the two servers I am aware of is that the Java version is slightly different.

1.8.0_265 <-> 1.8.0_275

That shouldn’t matter, so long as it’s java 8 (which it is).
Can you post your jibri.conf configuration?

This is the /etc/jitsi/jibri/jibri.conf file inside Docker.

스크린샷 2020-12-10 오후 12.38.10

Yeah, so this is your problem. You need to populate that file - it’s the configuration file for Jibri. I’m surprised you even got any file at all from your recording.

Anyway, follow this guide on how to fix your Jibri problem - TUTORIAL: Jibri Overview, Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks - Solve your Jibri Problems, Quickly!

Are the config.json and jibri.conf files different?

스크린샷 2020-12-10 오후 1.14.41

My problem is that the recording start works, but the file is damaged when the recording ends.

Config.json is being deprecated; soon, it will no longer be used. Since you just installed Jibri, the new Jibri comes with Jibri.conf and it needs to be populated. Again, go through that tutorial (the troubleshooting section), it tells you how to populate that file. Once you do, delete config.json.