Jibri recorder not executing Finalizing the recording script after recording stop event. Getting stuck at org.jitsi.jibri.service.impl.FileRecordingJibriService.stop() Participants in this recording: [ ]

Hi all,
I am facing this issue. I have setup jibri instance which receives start recording request and does the recording. After receiving stop event jibri service print this log message and gets stuck( Jibri service status shows running and health status show BUSY)

org.jitsi.jibri.service.impl.FileRecordingJibriService.stop() Participants in this recording: [ ]

after checking the code I think program control getting stuck on this line

Jibri log

log.0.txt (12.0 KB)

Thanks.

I think this may be due to this bug. Not fixed yet, but you can try using an older chrome/chromedriver version in the meantime.

1 Like

Thanks, @bbaldino.
Yes, my chrome-driver version was 75.0.3770.90. I changed it to 74.0.3729.6. now it’s working.

One another similar issue though sometimes Jibri recorder stops after this log.

2019-06-20 13:03:41.767 INFO: [154] org.jitsi.jibri.service.impl.FileRecordingJibriService.stop() Finalizing the recording

As we can see in finalize() function we have waitFor() function which waits for finalize_script command to finish.
I don’t know why but sometimes It stuck there. Will this be a good idea to call waitFor() with timeout parameter. log.0.txt (22.4 KB) jibri log and finalize_recording.sh.txt (147 Bytes) .

Thanks.

Yes this was fixed in a recent Jibri commit here and is included in jibri_7.4.73-1_all.deb

Thanks for the update @bbaldino.