Jibri problems with JWT tokens

Hey everyone,

I’ve installed jitsi & jibri using this tutorial: TUTORIAL - How to Install the NEW JIBRI. When installing JWT tokens module (lib-jitsi-meet/tokens.md at master · jitsi/lib-jitsi-meet · GitHub) and moderator plugin (GitHub - nvonahsen/jitsi-token-moderation-plugin: Lua plugin for jitsi which determines whether users are moderator or not based on token contents) jibri got problems to auth with jitsi and was not able to authenticate:

2021-01-31 14:40:48.736 SEVERE: [25] org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy.log() org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized
org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticationFailed(SASLAuthentication.java:292)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1100)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$300(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1000)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1016)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

After running this command jibri was able to connect:

prosodyctl adduser jibri@auth.jitsi.[mydomain].net

2021-01-31 14:41:53.303 INFO: [38] org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.log() Connected.
2021-01-31 14:41:53.364 INFO: [38] org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.log() Joined MUC: jibribrewery@internal.auth.jitsi.[mydomain].net

But still jicofo doesn’t seam to know jibri. When starting a record I get:

Jicofo 2021-01-31 14:44:41.881 SEVERE: [27] org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession.log() Unable to find an available Jibri, can't start
Jicofo 2021-01-31 14:44:41.882 INFO: [27] org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriRecorder.log() Failed to start a Jibri session, no Jibris available

Guess it has something to do with prosody already being configured by the JWT plugin. The internal auth was already set and I just added jibri to got it working without really knowing what I’m doing:

Component "internal.auth.jitsi.[mydomain].net" "muc"
    storage = "memory"
    modules_enabled = {
        "ping";
    }
    admins = { "focus@auth.jitsi.[mydomain].net", "jvb@auth.jitsi.[mydomain].net", "jibri@jitsi.[mydomain].net" }
    muc_room_locking = false
    muc_room_default_public_jids = true

Something else I’ve mentioned (don’t know if this should be normal):

In my folder /var/lib/prosody there are only subfolders for auth.jitsi.[mydomain].net and recorder.jitsi.[mydomain].net. Shouldn’t an “internal” be created?

Any help would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Disable temporary the JWT authentication to be sure the issue is related with token or not… If it works as expected then enable the JWT authentication.

Check Jitsi with 3 participants while JWT is enabled before trying Jibri

Thank you, should have done this earlier. But still: no success! I exactly followed the online tutorial and still jibri wasn’t able to connect! I still needed to add the account via prosodyctl adduser jibri@auth.jitsi.[mydomain].net .

Three accounts connected, all see and hear each other. But still the same error on trying to start jibri. Thank you for your fast response! I’m actually a bit lost now … :frowning_face:

Ah! One special thing to mention! I’ve installed prosody manual since I need the latest version for “other stuff”:

o 'deb https://packages.prosody.im/debian bionic main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/prosody.list
wget https://prosody.im/files/prosody-debian-packages.key -O- | sudo apt-key add -
apt update
apt install prosody

For testing purposes I’m trying a setup now without prior prosody setup. But it should work anyway, shouldn’t it?

Edit: Exactly followed the tutorial now, same behavior … BUT! Auth was initially working now! Was my mistake: I ran prosodyctl register jibri internal.auth.jitsi.[mydomain].net jibriauthpass but needed to run prosodyctl register jibri auth.jitsi.[mydomain].net jibriauthpass. But as mentioned: still Failed to start a Jibri session, no Jibris available :sob:.

I’m so sorry! Just did not change the host in the sip-communication.properties! Problem fixed!

1 Like