Jibri metadata.json

I was able to pass the moderator name and email entered into the web UI to jibri via metadata.json using the mod_participant_metadata prosody module introduced by @NBJ. My jitsi server uses ldap2 authentication and it works flawlessly. Is there any way to include the ldap user name that the conference creator authenticated with in metadata.json? Thanks for your help. Gianni

Dear,

It works only on Jitsi App on my smartphone. I receive all the time the participant email on metadata.json. But on WebBrowser sometimes participant email is inside metadata.json, sometimes it is not. Weird. Did somebody face this issue?

Any way to get the authentication email when using shibboleth authentication? It shows in the profile but the above script only works with the email manually entered in the browser.

This is what I came up with (by painstakingly tracing everything that came under “event”):

log('info', 'Loaded Custom Presence identity');

function on_message(event)
  local origin, stanza = event.origin, event.stanza;
  local email;

for k,v in pairs(origin.outgoing_stanza_queue) do
     local conf=v:get_child("conference","http://jitsi.org/protocol/focus")
     if conf then
        email=conf.attr.identity;
        if email then
            log("info", "Presence identity %s", email);
            stanza:maptags(
                function(tag)
                   for k1, v1 in pairs(tag) do
                     if k1 == "name" and v1 == "identity" then
                        return nil
                     end
                   end
                   return tag
                 end)
            stanza:tag("identity"):tag("user");
            stanza:tag("id"):text(email):up();
            stanza:up();
            return
        end   
     end   
  end   
end

module:hook("pre-presence/bare", on_message);
module:hook("pre-presence/full", on_message);

Since with shibboleth authentication there is no guest virtual host, I enabled it in the main virtual host.
(Edit: I’m not actually using shibboleth but lemonldap-ng but it works the same way).