Jibri-Jitsi Connectivity issue on Kubernetes setup

Hi,

I have tested Jitsi with Jibri using Docker setup and it worked fine. I was able to get everything up and running even with multiple JVB and Jibris.

Now I am trying to run setup on kubernetes. I followed this link and able to run multiple user conference with scalable JVB.

The problem is when I am trying to run Jibri, it is throwing me error as below.

2020-07-25 20:15:09.976 SEVERE: [19] org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.callConnectionAuthenticatedListener() Exception in authenticated listener
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$XMPPErrorException: XMPP error reply received from internal-muc.auth.uatmeet.xyz-software.com: XMPPError: not-allowed - cancel

I am following this for setting up Jibri on k8s. (As of now with 1 replica of Jibri)

I see that prosody authenticates Jibri properly but Jicofo is somehow not able to discover this resource properly. Hence when I try to start recording, I see resource not available in Jicofo logs.

On other hand, JVB gets detected properly.(Running two JVBs with pod name as jvb-0 and jvb-1)

Upon searching in prosody logs, I was able to find one thing suspicious “stanzarouter debug Could not route stanza to remote”.

From this, I presume that there is something which prosody is sending to Jibri, but is not able to send it. Searched a lot about if Jibri has any port which should be open, but didnt get any luck in that.

In Jibri configuration, I have changed XMPP_SERVER to jitsi-prosody.jitsi.svc (clusterIP service in k8s) so that it can communicate to prosody. The same change is done in JVB also, and it works fine.

I am attaching logs of Prosody, Jicofo and Jibri with Jibri and prosody config file. I hope someone can guide me towards a right direction where I can work upon.

Thanks in advance.

Jitsi_Pods

prosody.log (356.2 KB) jibri.log (9.7 KB) jicofo.log (31.2 KB)
jitsi-meet_cfg_lua.txt (1.9 KB) Jibri_config.txt (2.8 KB)

I am considering my issue similar to this, but there is also no further update.

Hi,
This issue is resolved. I misconfigured XMPP_INTERNAL_MUC_DOMAIN. It was internal-muc.auth.uatmeet.xyz-software.com in Jibri and internal-muc.uatmeet.xyz-software.com in Prosody/Jicofo.

That is why I was getting XMPPError: not-allowed - cancel. It means that the domain is not allowed or black listed domain.