Jibri install problem - wont start and jitsi does not find jibris

Hello,
I have successfully install Jitsi and like many others I love it! Unfortunately after following the Jibri directions I have thus far been unsuccessful at getting my Jibri to run successfully.

I have a 2 server config:
Jitsi server: Ubuntu 18.04 3GB 90GB 4 processor java 1.8.0_242- worx great!
Jibri server: Ubuntu 16.04 2GB 50GB 2 processor java 1.8.0_242

domain: “opey.org
jitsi domain instance: “jitsimeet.opey.org

Over-all current arch:
Internet Clients <–> ISP Router <—> (jitsi & jibri svr) <–>FW <–> Router 2 <–> internal Client

End Goal: Move the 2 servers behind the “Router 2” NAT eventually after I get them working where they are…

Current Situation and Problem statement:
0/ On web page client front end: after choosing record: Recording unavailable
1/ Jitsi Server - works great, love it!
2/ Jibri server is configured but will not start and of course, Jitsi cannot find any jibris and I’m at a point of banging my head on the wall. I am guessing either I am not reading the documentation correctly or it needs to be revised in order to ensure a good Jibri install.

3/Jibri and jitsi server config and log files:

link
or
my-config.txt (1.5 MB)

Kind regards
Steve

I’m too !

*** SOLVED *** :crazy_face: 2020-04-14T22:00:00Z

Folks, I solved my particular problem with installing Jibri.

To recap, the problem on my Jibri server was:
1/ Jibri failed to start and abnormally exited and would not stay on.
2/ Jitsi could not find any Jibris. (probably because it was not started)

Problem root cause:
My host file on Jibri identified my NAT IP address for Jitsi. <------ WRONG

My Explanation
The host file on Jibri must resolve just like that of any other client accessing Jitsi.
If other clients access Jitsi via the FQDN and Internet IP then this is what must be
done for Jibri as well.

Once I fixed this problem, my configuration took off!

Another Important note for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS folks:
If you use the DESKTOP version for implementing Jibri, Make Certain that you ‘KILL’ lightdm because your recording will fail to start and you will get the following error.

2018-10-22 15:34:10.238 SEVERE: [40] org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.run() Error in startService task: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: unknown error: Chrome failed to start: exited abnormally
(unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn’t exist)

It seems that it is not compatible with lightdm.

Once I fixed these two problems my recordings took off and work just fine.

Good luck!

Can you please share your resource…I want all the steps from starting as I’m trying to install Jitsi server with SSL certificate from last 2 days but I always get stuck in between…