Jibri fails to record

Having trouble to get Jibri recording (Jitsi works fine). Extracts from the logs:

2021-03-28 18:41:19.999 INFO: [40] org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.handleStartJibriIq() Received start request, starting service
2021-03-28 18:41:19.999 SEVERE: [40] org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.handleStartJibriIq() Error starting Jibri service : org.jitsi.jibri.util.CallUrlInfoFromJidException: Unable to extract call url info from Jid inlaws@conference.domain.com (stripFromRoomDomain = conference., xmppDomain = domain.com:444) with stack:
org.jitsi.jibri.util.XmppUtilsKt.getCallUrlInfoFromJid(XmppUtils.kt:47)
org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.handleStartService(XmppApi.kt:280)
org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.handleStartJibriIq(XmppApi.kt:195)
org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.handleJibriIq(XmppApi.kt:168)
org.jitsi.jibri.api.xmpp.XmppApi.handleIq(XmppApi.kt:150)
org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.handleIq(MucClient.java:569)
org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient.access$800(MucClient.java:50)
org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClient$2.handleIQRequest(MucClient.java:533)
org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection$4.run(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:1188)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Excerpt from my jibri.conf:

xmpp {
environments = [
{
name = “recording environment”
xmpp-server-hosts = [ “127.0.0.1” ]
xmpp-domain = “domain.com:444”,
control-muc {
domain = “internal.auth.domain.com
room-name = “JibriBrewery”
nickname = “jibri-nickname”
}
control-login {
// The domain to use for logging in
domain = “auth.domain.com
// The credentials for logging in
username = “jibri”
password = “password”
}
call-login {
domain = “recorder.domain.com
username = “recorder”
password = “password”
}
strip-from-room-domain = “conference.”
usage-timeout = 0
trust-all-xmpp-certs = true
}
]
}
}

Please note that Jitsi is running on port 444 on domain.com. More than happy to supply more information - just let me know.

Hope you have searched the forum. In case you did, you may have found Error Jibri when starts record

Check if that resolves your issue. If not, there are few other posts with issues with Jibri, you might want to check them too.

This will not work … if you drop the 444 here the error will disappear … I’m not sure you can change jibri to use a custom port for the moment

Hi Damencho,

Thanks for quick reply. Due to technical constraints, the port 444 is an TLS rev. proxy which forwards the request to Prosody running on 5280 via the http-bind endpoint (can’t use ordinary 443 for normal Prosody traffic). So I’ve reconfigured the rev. proxy to check on portions of the Jibri / Selenium substring ("
…config.iAmRecorder=true&config.externalConnectUrl=null&config.startWithAudioMuted=true&config.startWithVideoMuted=true&interfaceConfig.APP_NAME=“Jibri”&config.analytics.disabled=true&config.p2p.enabled=false&config.prejoinPageEnabled=false&config.requireDisplayName=false") coming in on port 443 (ordinary https traffic as the Selenium CallPage starts with this) and have this forwarded to the Prosody instance via the http-bind endpoint.

I see the connection coming in in the Prosody logs but after 30 seconds Selenium times out as there’s no reply from the web server. Invoking this with curl results in a 404 with “Unknown host: localhost” (is this related to the xmpp-server-hosts settings in my jibri.conf (which is set to 127.0.0.1)?).

The question is: Where is the URL coming from Selenium supposed to go to? My assumption is to Jicofo via Prosody, but something happens along the way…