Jibri Failed to send start Jibri IQ: org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession$StartException: Unexpected response

We had the same problem on our deployment. We’re using jibri in docker on AWS cloud and also use auto scaling. The first time recording was started on a particular jibri, jitsi always said it failed to start but the jibri went busy and actually recorded the session.
@Vyshak_M we used your script to launch Google Chrome, however we had to increase sleep to 30 seconds before killing Chrome because 10 seconds was not enough to launch it.

IIRC chrome forks itself and the original pid is no longer exist after 10 secs

Try increasing docker resources.
I was using a t3a.large instance and it took 5 to 10 seconds for chrome to come up. But in my experience, I think killing chrome before it getting started is not an issue because, bringing up chrome is staring up the graphical services which is required for actually running jibri.

Thank you for the scripts and the possible solution.
I’m running into problems trying to use your fix, it seems like Jibri is not running the script.

I’ve given all necessary permissions to run it, I’ve written the script inside startup in /home/jibri/.icewm/ but it just doesn’t work.

Can you help me find the reason why Jibri is not executing the script? Is there any additional setup I need to work on to make Jibri run it?

Thank you in advance!

Did you restart the jibri-xorg service?

Not sure if this is going to help.

There is a package called x11vnc. You can try installing that on the jibri server and connect to it from your local to see what’s going on the jibri server.

I’ve tried restarting it today but it doesn’t seem to work.
I’ve added a file creation inside the script for debugging but the file is not being created so I guess the script is not executing yet.

@Vyshak_M can it help me to understand why jibri is not executing my script?

Thank you very much to both of you for your time

ls -alh /home/jibri
ls -alh /home/jibri/.icewm

This is what I get. I think permissions are valid, right?

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Feb 22 12:31 .icewm
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 158 Feb 20 12:53 startup

This is my permission, my ownership is set for jibri.

root@ip-10-11-1-254:/home/vyshak# ll ~jibri/.icewm/startup 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jibri jibri 90 Feb  1 05:31 /home/jibri/.icewm/startup*

Try running,

chown jibri. ~jibri/.icewm/startup
1 Like

Is this a Docker installation?

Tried to specify the ownership to Jibri but it’s still not getting executed yet.

@emrah yes

If the jibri service is run by root on the Docker installation, /home/jibri/.icewm will be no effect

Do you have any suggestions on what we should do to enable it?

First be sure who is running the jibri service. If it’s root then create the same script for the root user

1 Like