Jibri Error Logs

Hi there, I am testing transitioning meeting services to jitsi and jibri. In order to troubleshoot issues with jibri recording not working, I am attempting to look at the jibri logs. However all that is given in jibri log.0.txt is 2021-11-02 16:19:51.174 INFO: [1] org.jitsi.jibri.Main.log() Jibri run with args [–config, /etc/jitsi/jibri/jibri.conf]. I suspect that the error is with my server only having 2 cores and 4 GB of RAM, but is there a way I could go about finding an error message to verify this? And for testing purposes, would 2 cores and 4 GB be insufficient?

Welcome to the forum.

You can test with 2CPU/4GB, but you’d need to reduce recording resolution to 720P. Even then, remember this is merely for testing, those specs will not survive a lengthy recording.

To change resolution, make the change in jibri.conf and also xorg-dummy, then restart both Jibri (sudo systemctl restart jibri) and xorg (sudo systemctl restart jibri-xorg.service)

Thank you for the advice so far. After some consideration, I upgraded my AWS Debian 4.19.208-1 server instance running jitsi and jibri to 8CPU/8GB, however I am still getting a “recording unavailable” error when attempting to record. I have attached my log files and my jibri config file (albeit with passwords hidden), any assistance would be appreciated. JibriLog0-11-16-21.txt (240 Bytes)
JicofoLog-11-16-21.txt (59.8 KB)
JVBLog-11-16-21.txt (1.5 MB)
JibriConf-11-16-21.txt (1.8 KB)

There is nothing in jibri log. Is this the whole log?

password fields are empty in jibri.conf. Did you delete them before copying?

Yes, that is the whole log and I also deleted the password fields in jibri.conf before copying.

Take a look at this post; it will likely help you resolve the issue: