Jibri does not record... Errors in log that I don't understand

Hello, my name is Normand, from Quebec, in Canada. I am super exited to be deploying Jitsi to help my company develop new markets during the sanitary crisis! :slight_smile:

Our Jitsi Instance has named domain config working fine (passwords for new chat room creation)
The jitsi server is a baremetal server hosted by OVH in Canada (way too much power!)

I am trying to deploy a local server for jibri recording… It is running in a VM in URAID in my home server. It has gpu passthrough and full control over the gpu is given to jibri.

When I start the jibri service, Iget an error after few seconds (BTW, this service does not start by itself, I have to do it manually everytime I reboot the server :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)
> jibri@glm-jibri-dev:~$ sudo service jibri status
> â—Ź jibri.service - Jibri Process
> Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/jibri.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
> Active: active (running) since mar 2020-04-14 23:43:13 EDT; 10s ago
> Main PID: 1202 (java)
> CGroup: /system.slice/jibri.service
> └─1202 java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/etc/jitsi/jibri/logging.properties -jar /opt/jitsi/jibri/jibri.jar --config /etc/jitsi/jibri/config.json
***> ***
> avr 14 23:43:13 glm-jibri-dev launch.sh[1202]: at java.util.logging.LogManager$RootLogger.accessCheckedHandlers(LogManager.java:1667)
> avr 14 23:43:13 glm-jibri-dev launch.sh[1202]: at java.util.logging.Logger.getHandlers(Logger.java:1777)
> avr 14 23:43:13 glm-jibri-dev launch.sh[1202]: at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Logger.java:735)
> avr 14 23:43:13 glm-jibri-dev launch.sh[1202]: at java.util.logging.Logger.doLog(Logger.java:765)
> avr 14 23:43:13 glm-jibri-dev launch.sh[1202]: at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Logger.java:788)
> avr 14 23:43:13 glm-jibri-dev launch.sh[1202]: at java.util.logging.Logger.info(Logger.java:1490)
> avr 14 23:43:13 glm-jibri-dev launch.sh[1202]: at org.jitsi.jibri.MainKt.main(Main.kt:87)
> avr 14 23:43:15 glm-jibri-dev launch.sh[1202]: SLF4J: Failed to load class “org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder”.
> avr 14 23:43:15 glm-jibri-dev launch.sh[1202]: SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
> avr 14 23:43:15 glm-jibri-dev launch.sh[1202]: SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

On the jitsi server I looked at the jicofo log but I don’t quite understand what I am looking at…
There seems to be a lot of data in that log (I cleared it before last try)… Is it safe to post parts of it online?

Anyways, I don’t know where to look and I have been on this issue for around 6 hours now… I need help!

Sorry for the ruthless bumb, but I have been wrapping my head around this for hours now and I did not make progress :frowning:

Is there someone here that can at least point me to the right direction, I will try to work my way through from there…

If you want us to help you then you have to post what went wrong from the logs, look for warnings and errors at the end of the logs.

jibri is made up of several parts and each part has its own log:

• jibri : /var/log/jitsi/jibri/log.0.txt
    – chrome browser (that render the page): /var/log/jitsi/jibri/browser.0.txt
    — chrome driver : /tmp/chromedriver.log
    – xorg (virtual screen where the chrome browser runs) : /tmp/xorg.log
    – ffmpeg (that do the actual recording of audio and video to disk) : /var/log/jitsi/jibri/ffmpeg.0.txt
    – the recording directory /tmp/recordings

if you can post the last 50 lines from each log then that would help locate why jibri recording is not working for you:

echo "---- last 50 lines from jibri log:"
sudo tail -n 50 /var/log/jitsi/jibri/log.0.txt
echo "---- last 50 lines from browser log:"
sudo tail -n 50 /var/log/jitsi/jibri/browser.0.txt
echo "---- last 50 lines from chrome driver log:"
sudo tail -n 50 /tmp/chromedriver.log
echo "---- last 50 lines from xorg log:"
sudo tail -n 50 /tmp/xorg.log
echo "---- last 50 lines from ffmpeg log:"
sudo tail -n 50 /var/log/jitsi/jibri/ffmpeg.0.txt

That log is the one on the Jitsi server, not the jibri server, am I correct?

NEVERMIND, I was doing something else at the same time… I will try to get you all those logs today… When I won’t be doing a million things at the same time! (I am in charge of the projects related to teleconferencing and remote workstations at work… I am kind of busy! :stuck_out_tongue: )

You can enable the jibri service at boot with something like systemctl enable jibri (for Debian based OS)

And it will be retained for the next boot?
Did not know that!

I had the same with my debian 10 jibri install - after issuing the command the service was started at boot time automatically.

Hi, have you given up or has this been resolved. Reading your error log, I feel you are probably running the default version of Java, which may not be version 8! Check out the video created by Jacob Kaufmann nerdonthestreetdotcom on youtube where he explains how that can be resolved. In addition to installing version 8 openjdk it needs a modification in launch.sh. Hope this helps
Norbert