Jibri docker

Good afternoon,
I have an 8 core server, 16 Gb of RAM and 500 Gb of disk.
On this server I have Docker installed on debian 10 and
I want to install jibri with docker.
I would like to know because i have some doubts about:
The server must have sound card?
If possible running 3 jibri with docker in simultaneously to récord 3 rooms at the same time?

Hello @sergioloyola,

I’m working on this topic nowadays but I’m using LXC (Linux containers), not docker. My host is Debian 10. AFAIK, a real soundcard is not really needed but you need snd_aloop kernel module. For example I’m working on a cloud computer, it has no soundcard but everything is OK.

It’s possible to run 3 jibri simultaneously on the same host but it’s needed some extra configurations. You must reserv a Loopback device for each Jibri.

First of all, you need to load snd_aloop kernel module.

modprobe snd_aloop

Then you can list the digital audio devices with aplay

apt-get install alsa-utils
aplay -l 

Normally you will see one card with a Loopback device. But you need at least 3 Loopback device for simultaneous recording. Therefore you need to customize the module loading

echo 'options snd-aloop enable=1,1,1,1,1 index=0,1,2,3,4' > /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-loopback.conf
echo snd_aloop >> /etc/modules
rmmod -f snd_aloop
modprobe snd_aloop

After this, there should be more than one Loopback device.

aplay -l

Attach each Loopback device with a Jibri instance on the containers. So /home/jibri/.asoundrc file is customized for each Jibri instance. Change Loopback with Loopback_1, Loopback_2, Loopback_3 and so on…

And use different nickname for each Jibri instance on `/etc/jitsi/jibri/config.json’ file.