Jibri Docker Image does not have working snd-aloop

I create a very simple Dockerfile that does the following:

FROM jitsi/jibri

ENTRYPOINT ["tail", "-f", "/dev/null"]

The package it pulls from is located here: Docker Hub. When I run the container and ssh into it, I run the following:

root@6109f2624c43:/# modprobe snd-aloop

modprobe: FATAL: Module snd-aloop not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.104-linuxkit

Shouldn’t send-aloop be installed or am I doing something wrong?

If this is an Ubuntu box, is linux-modules-extra-$(uname -r) installed on the host?

root@578e2888cdc1:/# apt-get install linux-modules-extra-$(uname -r)

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree... Done

Reading state information... Done

E: Unable to locate package linux-modules-extra-5.10.104-linuxkit

E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-modules-extra-5.10.104-linuxkit'

E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-modules-extra-5.10.104-linuxkit'

But should the package already be installed and Jisti docker image be ready to go?

Because this package should be installled on the host, not inside the container.

What is the outputs on host?

uname -a
lsmod | grep aloop
modprobe snd-aloop
lsmod | grep aloop

Then this doesn’t quite work the way I thought it did. I was planning to on building a Docker image and then on AWS, deploying through Elastic Container Service (ECS), so I didn’t think the EC2 instance needed to have the snd-aloop, just the container. Is my thinking wrong on this?

I’m not familiar with Docker and I don’t know if it’s possible to include a kernel module into the Docker container. For LXC (Linux container) I add the module to the host.

Maybe you can switch to pulseaudio (another sound system for Linux)

Found this: GitHub - openfun/jibri-pulseaudio: 🎞 A Jibri docker image using pulseaudio instead of alsa

And the author said what you did also " To use Jibri within a container, it requires to create a loopback device on the host and share it to the container."

That is a little bit limiting.