Jibri concurrent recording

When starting two recordings in a different room at the same time one fails one is a success.

Jicofo 2020-07-26 05:53:40.741 INFO: [167] org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession.log() Got Jibri status update: Jibri jibribrewery@internal.auth.ges.mykenshomedia.com.au/9870959271595739443267843748 has status pending and failure reason null, current Jibri jid is jibribrewery@internal.auth.ges.mykenshomedia.com.au/9870959271595739443267843748 Jicofo 2020-07-26 05:53:40.741 INFO: [167] org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriRecorder.log() Started Jibri session Jicofo 2020-07-26 05:53:40.749 SEVERE: [158] org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession.log() Unexpected status received in response to the start IQ: <iq to='focus@auth.ges.mykenshomedia.com.au/focus12790905744825' from='jibribrewery@internal.auth.ges.mykenshomedia.com.au/9870959271595739443267843748' id='X1bPS-778' type='result'><jibri xmlns='http://jitsi.org/protocol/jibri' status='off' failure_reason='busy' should_retry='true'/></iq> Jicofo 2020-07-26 05:53:40.749 SEVERE: [158] org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession.log() Failed to send start Jibri IQ: org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession$StartException: Unexpected response org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession$StartException: Unexpected response at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession.sendJibriStartIq(JibriSession.java:595) at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession.startInternal(JibriSession.java:370) at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession.start(JibriSession.java:335) at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriRecorder.handleStartRequest(JibriRecorder.java:178) at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.CommonJibriStuff.handleIQRequest(CommonJibriStuff.java:271) at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.OperationSetJibri.handleIQRequest(OperationSetJibri.java:98) at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection$4.run(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:1188) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) Jicofo 2020-07-26 05:53:40.750 INFO: [158] org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriRecorder.log() Failed to start a Jibri session:Internal server error org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession$StartException: Internal server error at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession.startInternal(JibriSession.java:376) at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriSession.start(JibriSession.java:335) at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.JibriRecorder.handleStartRequest(JibriRecorder.java:178) at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.CommonJibriStuff.handleIQRequest(CommonJibriStuff.java:271) at org.jitsi.jicofo.recording.jibri.OperationSetJibri.handleIQRequest(OperationSetJibri.java:98) at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection$4.run(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:1188) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I remember reading that Jibri can only do one recording at a time.

One Jibri instance can record only one meeting at a time. For multiple simultaneous recordings you need more Jibri instances. There is no workaround for this.

Jibri instance will join meeting at the moment when you click on “Start recording” button, from this moment the Jibri will change it’s status from IDLE to BUSY and thus will be unavailable for any other recording. When you click “Stop recording” jibri will stop recording and will leave room and will change it’s status from BUSY to IDLE and will become again available for other meetings.

@nosmo sorry for confusion about question. i mean say there are two room, test1 and test2 and there are two jibri servers as well. when start recording at same time from two room. one recording success and one is fail.

@Supun_Madushanka well it’s really hard to say…
I would check both jibri logs to see what is causing the problem :wink: From your log i can’t really say nothing, except that some Jibri reported it’s status as BUSY.

For example, when both jibri instances have same nickname (which they shouldn’t!), than they will be both occupied with the first recording (because jicofo orders by nickname in jibri brewery individual jibri instances to join the room) and the second jibri woun’t be thus available for the second recording.

Thank you @nosmo. i am using different nickname as well. if i start recording one after one. both are working.