java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jitsi.videobridge.sctp.SctpManager

Not sure where to turn with this error. appears to be a heartbeat check.

my rooms don’t hold more than 2 people and i’m thinking this has a role in it.

2020-08-28 22:16:19.276 SEVERE: [22] RecurringRunnableExecutor.run#230: The invocation of the method org.jitsi.videobridge.health.Health.run() threw an exception.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jitsi.videobridge.sctp.SctpManager
at org.jitsi.videobridge.Endpoint.createSctpConnection(Endpoint.java:828)
at org.jitsi.videobridge.health.Health.check(Health.java:67)
at org.jitsi.videobridge.health.Health.performCheck(Health.java:170)
at org.jitsi.health.AbstractHealthCheckService.run(AbstractHealthCheckService.kt:155)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.run(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:216)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.runInThread(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:292)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.access$000(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:36)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor$1.run(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:328)

update, this is the error i get when the room starts to spazz out and kick everyone out

Jicofo 2020-08-28 22:47:21.961 SEVERE: [298] org.jitsi.jicofo.AbstractChannelAllocator.log() jvbbrewery@internal.auth.xxx.xxxx.com/xxx - failed to allocate channels, will consider the bridge faulty: Timed out waiting for a response.
org.jitsi.protocol.xmpp.colibri.exception.TimeoutException: Timed out waiting for a response.
at org.jitsi.impl.protocol.xmpp.colibri.ColibriConferenceImpl.maybeThrowOperationFailed(ColibriConferenceImpl.java:342)
at org.jitsi.impl.protocol.xmpp.colibri.ColibriConferenceImpl.createColibriChannels(ColibriConferenceImpl.java:282)
at org.jitsi.protocol.xmpp.colibri.ColibriConference.createColibriChannels(ColibriConference.java:112)
at org.jitsi.jicofo.ParticipantChannelAllocator.doAllocateChannels(ParticipantChannelAllocator.java:142)
at org.jitsi.jicofo.AbstractChannelAllocator.allocateChannels(AbstractChannelAllocator.java:271)
at org.jitsi.jicofo.AbstractChannelAllocator.doRun(AbstractChannelAllocator.java:190)
at org.jitsi.jicofo.AbstractChannelAllocator.run(AbstractChannelAllocator.java:150)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130)

Is jvb on the same machine?

Hello, yes it’s on the same machine.

can you describe your setup (what kind of system, how you installed)

sure, this particular one is a rpi 4, running ubuntu 20.04.

installed using official jitsi server instructions.

a side note, i’ve ran this same installation on google cloud vm and linode.

i’ve ran it on ubuntu 18.04, 20.04 and debian 10

i get the same crash once more than 2 users connect regardless of set up.

Linode (running ubuntu 20.04) is the only place that I’ve been successful at connecting more than 2 people. There appears to be nothing different in the setup, but definitely operates differently.

if you mean by rpi a Raspberry Pi, it’s an ARM processor. SCTP is the only part of the Jitsi Java stack relying on a native module. Search this forum about Raspberry PI, there have been many threads before, there may be ways to make run it but I’m not sure. And if it works for 2 users, that’s because the videobridge is not involved in the p2p case.

thanks. i’ll look around. I’ll see if i can figure out what the deal is with the google cloud instance. it seems to host 3 people for about 3 seconds then crashes. getting a different set of errors there i need to dig into.

most probably you have to enable the port 10000 UDP in your google console or whatever it’s called.