jabber account id's

Hey Damian,

I've just noticed that you create jabber account id's the following way:

JabberAccountID(String id, Map accountProperties )
    {
        super(id, accountProperties, ProtocolNames.JABBER, "jabber.org");
    }

The service name parameter is supposed to point to the server that contains the account. In the jabber case this would only be jabber.org if the account actually belongs to jabber.org. If for example I had an account on gmail, the server would be - talk.google.com

The parameter should match the accountProperty against SERVER_ADDRESS.

I apologize for the confusion, I know that this part was not properly documented.

Emil

Hi Emil,

I've implemented the use of SERVER_ADDRESS and SERVER_PORT in jabber PP and in the account registration wizard.
There is a problem if you have already registered an gmail account. You have to remove it and install it again but this time
to set the server value. This solves the problem. But there came another problem the uninstall account doesn't work properly.
I think it is supposed to remove the account from the configuration xml. Am I right ? But it doesn't.
I'm looking at it.

damencho

Emil Ivov wrote:

···

Hey Damian,

{
    }

The service name parameter is supposed to point to the server that contains the account. In the jabber case this would only be jabber.org if the account actually belongs to jabber.org. If for example I had an account on gmail, the server would be - talk.google.com

I apologize for the confusion, I know that this part was not properly documented.

Emil

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@sip-communicator.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@sip-communicator.dev.java.net

Hi,

Sorry! My mistake - remove account is OK. But as I changed the way creating JabberAccountID the account was not found so not removed.
I fix this so If somebody have registered such account to be able remove it through the GUI.

damencho.

···

Hi,

Changed the way of creating jabber accounts. Now you can specify server address and port.
There is a problem if some one have used the old account create wizard and have created google talk account.
To fix the problem just remove the account and create it again with the new wizard.

To create google talk account. Fill in :
    Jabber Id : you_user@gmail.com
    password: ......
    Server Address : talk.google.com
    Port : 5222 (the default one)

damencho

···

Hey guys,

A couple of problems with jabber. Let's all focus on them for a few hours so that we could handle them and forget about the whole thing

Two major points (1 per person :slight_smile: ).

Yana, when I removed my jabber account from the configuration form, both the little icon in the bottom of the application and the jabber contact list remained in the application. I had to restart the SIP Communicator to see them go. Could you try and catch OSGI events for a removed protocol provider and make sure the icon goes away? You should also make sure that everything that you have registered in the configuration service is also removed so that it does not remain behind (last status, created-by wizard, and whatever else there is)

The fact that the contact list is not immediately removed from the ui is the responsibility of the meta contact list service so this is a bug coming from my code. I'll take care of it.

Damencho, I've recreated my account, but the meta contact list seems to reuse contacts from my old account (those whose account-id terminates with jabber.org) which would mean that the account id is sometimes returning jabber.org instead of the actual server. Could you please have a look?

Emil

Damian Minkov wrote:

···

Hi Emil,

I've implemented the use of SERVER_ADDRESS and SERVER_PORT in jabber PP and in the account registration wizard.
There is a problem if you have already registered an gmail account. You have to remove it and install it again but this time
to set the server value. This solves the problem. But there came another problem the uninstall account doesn't work properly.
I think it is supposed to remove the account from the configuration xml. Am I right ? But it doesn't.
I'm looking at it.

damencho

Emil Ivov wrote:

Hey Damian,

{
    }

Emil