Is there a documentation for the lobby feature just arrived

Yep I got to learn these comandlines now to because I don’t know if it come with a simple update command line.

It should do but I don’t know yet.

well you probably figured it out yourself since, but for the sake of people following this thread, this is possible when using Chromium (at least - did not check with any other tool).
Before entering any room name, click on the tools icon to display the main settings, the webcam image is displayed (normally, reselect the video input can sometimes help it to appear) in a very small window; right click the image and pick ‘show controls’, you will get several icons in the lower end of the small window, amusingly displayed mirrored, but the reversed full screen icon looks very much like the normal version and so is very easy to find, click it and then you have a full image or yourself, allowing you to adjust your bow tie or whatever.

Yes, this works for the person creating a room or for the person who knows the system, but for a regular guest that is invited with a full link, it does not work.

My request was for a “pre”-screen that is shown first which then allows you to enter the room after you’ve checked the image, microphone and such. Just like the “lobby” feature, but without having a moderator to approve your entry. Instead you could just “join”.

This would also help with people joining the room that don’t know if their camera is working yet or that did not enter a display name yet.

as a workaround enable the lobby, ask moderators to setup a password and mail it with the invite.

1 Like

Can you help me install lobby room, on my instance , i have the apps as well

thanks

I just posted How do I use the new Lobby Feature? to help new users.

Maybe it will help someone here as well.

After doing this configuration, lobby features not enabled.

In security option displaying like this.

@Balu, You are looking for the prejoin page. Enable this feature by setting preJoinPageEnabled to true in your meet.domain....config.js or test it with the url: https://meet.jit.si/prejoinTest123#config.prejoinPageEnabled=true

2 Likes

I think I’m missing something in my configuration.

In my config file: /etc/jitsi/meet/<hostname>-config.js
I had to uncomment and enable: prejoinPageEnabled: true,

From the Moderator User Experience:
I join my room for the first time, I get the “Join now” prompt to enter in my name and then the prompt to “Waiting for the host” where I login with my username/password.

Under Security options - I do not see the “Enable lobby” toggle.

I do not get the “Knocking participant list” screen when a participant joins.

There must be some minor configuration changes needed.

@mangopudding,

It sounds like we are talking about two things.

1. the prejoin page that allows users to configure their name and camera before they join - this is enabled by changing preJoinPageEnabled. (What @Balu I were just talking about) See: [How to] How do I use the prejoin page?

2. the moderator lobby experience & waiting room - this is enabled by making the changes outlined earlier in this thread by @gpatel-fr and in the [how to] post (at the bottom, in the collapsed section): [How to] How do I use the new Lobby Feature?

:information_source: Note: If you are updating Jitsi (not installing for the first time) you must update Prosody to 0.11.2+

1 Like

Hi @corby.

The prejoin page is working for me. I guess it’s the lobby/waiting room is what I need to look further into. I’m using the latest available for Ubuntu 18.04 and have also updated Prosody.

service@lab-amuse-bouche:~$ dpkg -l | grep jitsi
ii  jitsi-meet                             2.0.4857-1                                      all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody                     1.0.4289-1                                      all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-turnserver                  1.0.4289-1                                      all          Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web                         1.0.4289-1                                      all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config                  1.0.4289-1                                      all          Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-videobridge2                     2.1-273-g072dd44b-1                             all          WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)
service@lab-amuse-bouche:~$ apt list -a prosody
Listing... Done
prosody/unknown,now 0.11.5-1~bionic6 amd64 [installed]
prosody/bionic 0.10.0-1build1 amd64 

I’ll take a closer look at the lobby experience / waiting room and update you all again.

This is what my config file looks like.

test.example.com.cfg.lua.txt (3.8 KB)

Read above from @Lichtinger_Bernhard. Your issue seems to be related to the location of the lobby config. Move it under the guest VirtualHost for secure domain.

Something like this:

VirtualHost "guest.test.example.com"
    authentication = "anonymous"
    c2s_require_encryption = false
    modules_enabled = {
            "muc_lobby_rooms";
        }

lobby_muc = "lobby.test.example.com"

Component "lobby.test.example.com" "muc"
    storage = "memory"
    restrict_room_creation = true
    muc_room_locking = false
    muc_room_default_public_jids = true

YES! Thank-you @corby and everbody in this discussion!

2 Likes

Hi Corby

lobby integration not working, sharing my configuration details.

root@stagingvideo:~# dpkg -l | grep jitsi
ii jitsi-meet 2.0.4857-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.4289-1 all Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-meet-turnserver 1.0.4289-1 all Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-meet-web 1.0.4289-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.4289-1 all Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-videobridge2 2.1-273-g072dd44b-1 all WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)
root@stagingvideo:~# apt list -a prosody
Listing… Done
prosody/unknown,now 0.11.5-1~bionic6 amd64 [installed]
prosody/bionic 0.10.0-1build1 amd64

Still lobby is still disabled, please help me.

Hi @Rajesh_Pillai.

Take a look at my config file from /etc/prosody/conf.avail/ directory.

You can compare it with yours to see the differences and make the changes.

Hope that helps.

test.example.com.cfg.lua.txt (4.1 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for kind replay.

I have made those missing changes, still lobby option is missing.

After changes what all services i need to restart?

@Rajesh_Pillai - can you reboot your server ?

Were there a lot of changes needed in your config file?

Yes, will reboot the server.

Changes made in “VirtualHost main”. & “VirtualHost guest”

modules_enabled = {
      "muc_lobby_rooms";
    }
    c2s_require_encryption = false
    --lobby_muc = "lobby.domain"
    --main_muc = "conference.domain"

commented in main VirtualHost and added in guest VirtualHost.