Is it possible to limit the reception of camera video from jibri to only 720p or hd?

What happens is that I have 1 VPS with 4 cores and 8GB of RAM, which I use specifically for JIBRI, they run 2 recordings simultaneously and record up to 3 hours in a row without problems, only having 50% of the CPU and 4GB of RAM in USE. When they record with an internet of maximum 2MB upload, transmitting without problems.
The problem occurs when they transmit on a good internet with 5 and up to 8 MB of upload, I have noticed that the jibri receives all that quality and even I record in HD the ffmpeg and the chrome are saturated, leading to the overload of the server due to lack of resources, I know that limiting the reception of the quality of the web camera when receiving in the jibri can solve that, is it possible to do it ?.
On the other hand, if you want to know where I use these VPS, it is in contabo. And I have no problems with the 5 euro VPS, I have 3 vps with 6 jibri without problems, the problem lies in the reception of the jibri in high quality that in 1 hour or 1 hour and a half lead to the collapse of the ram memory.

Welcome to the forum.

Jibri records what’s shown on the screen. If you set your stream resolution to 720p, that’s what Jibri captures. Think of it as another participant in the meeting doing a screen capture. It records what it sees.

Yes, although you need to change it in two places - if you change the ffmpeg entry you’ll get a cropped view.

See this guide here:

In short, I had to change the ffmpeg part in /etc/jitsi/jibri/jibri.conf, and the Virtual entry (this is the monitor size of the screen) in etc/jitsi/jibri/xorg-video-dummy.conf .

Bitrate you can’t change without recompiling, but with a lower resolution the size is tending to be smaller anyway.