iOS SDK does not contain armv7 target

Hi, I made some changes to the UI and build my the mobile iOS sdk files by myself. However after trying to archive an app with the framework files I get the following error:

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7: "_OBJC_CLASS_$_JitsiMeetConferenceOptions", referenced from: objc-class-ref in libreact-native-jitsi-meet.a(RNJitsiMeetViewManager.o) "_OBJC_CLASS_$_JitsiMeetView", referenced from: _OBJC_CLASS_$_RNJitsiMeetView in libreact-native-jitsi-meet.a(RNJitsiMeetView.o) "_OBJC_METACLASS_$_JitsiMeetView", referenced from: _OBJC_METACLASS_$_RNJitsiMeetView in libreact-native-jitsi-meet.a(RNJitsiMeetView.o) ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7

This basically means the framework files where not compiled for armv7 and after checking

$ lipo -info ios/sdk/JitsiMeet.framework/JitsiMeet Architectures in the fat file: ios/sdk/JitsiMeet.framework/JitsiMeet are: x86_64 arm64

I see that the armv7 targets are missing. To build the files I am using the standard command you provide in the IOS documentation:

xcodebuild -workspace ios/jitsi-meet.xcworkspace -scheme JitsiMeet -destination='generic/platform=iOS' -configuration Release archive

I’m using the master branch of jitsi-meet with XCode 11.3 and command line tools 11.3

Anybody who encountered the same? I would appreciate your help on this.

This is intentional. We raised the minimum supported iOS version to 11. There is no armv7 device which can run iOS 11, so Apple complains about such builds. Hence we removed it.

Thanks @saghul. Raising my deployment target to iOS 11 as well solved the problem.

Hi, as I understood Jitsi iOS SDK only works on Targets with deployment target iOS11 and higher. So my question is how can I avoid the :

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
_OBJC_CLASS_$_MyClassWhichUseJitsiView", referenced from: objc-class-ref in Delegate.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7 

error for my other App Targets which deployment targets are iOS 8 ?

• I removed Target Memberships of my other App Targets from ViewController that uses JitsiView
  • I only embed&sign JitsiMeet.framework & WebRTC.framework for my App Target that has deployment target iOS 11

I would appreciate a help on this.

Sounds more like a caching problem to me.
Are you using RN?

I cleaned the build folder and derived data folder then restarted computer. But still same :frowning:

XCode Version 11.4
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.4

And what is “RN” to be clear ?

React Native

Yeah, sure. iOS SDK built on react native

We’ve heard about some problems compiling with Xcode 11.4. You’d be better off using 11.3 for the time being.

1 Like

How can I use the Jitsi in Xcode 11.5?