Invite Button missing from Toolbar

Fixed mine by adjusting the below items. In my case, it seems related to prosody having updated at the same time as jigasi. I assumed it was a jigasi issue, but I think this is related to certs becoming invalid after prosody updates.

• /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties
    replace =localhost your domain to the line below
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.HOSTNAME=YOUR.DOMAIN.HERE
  • /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties (add the line below)
org.jitsi.jicofo.ALWAYS_TRUST_MODE_ENABLED=true
  • sudo systemctl restart jitsi-videobridge2
  • sudo systemctl restart jicofo
1 Like

In my case seams that is not necessary modify /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties and /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties.

Simply I restarted the jicofo service, after a reboot of machine, and I can use jigasi for outgoing call without problem.

I think that there are a problem with the order which the services start on my Debian machine.

This is the version of my distribution and packages:

Debian Buster 10.4

dpkg -l | grep ji

ii jicofo 1.0-567-1 all JItsi Meet COnference FOcus
ii jigasi 1.1-107-g6928850-1 amd64 Jitsi Gateway for SIP
ii jitsi-meet 2.0.4548-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.4074-1 all Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-meet-turnserver 1.0.4074-1 all Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-meet-web 1.0.4074-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.4074-1 all Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii jitsi-videobridge2 2.1-197-g38256192-1 all WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)

dpkg -l | grep prosody

ii jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.4074-1 all Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii prosody 0.11.2-1 amd64 Lightweight Jabber/XMPP server
ii prosody-modules 0.0~hg20190203.b54e98d5c4a1+dfsg-1+deb10u1 all Selection of community modules for Prosody

I’m having the same issue as everyone else here. I have 2 instances of Jitsi working well and tried to upgrade both of them this weekend to the latest versions. The + disappeared on both instances.

I followed the suggestion above by enabling call control. This was never enabled but both instances were working without any issues.

Enable call_control on /etc/jitsi/meet/HOSTNAME-config.js
// Call control component (Jigasi).
call_control: ‘callcontrol.HOSTNAME’,

Now the + appears, but trying to call someone it reports back ‘Failed to add participants’.

I also tried the other recommended fixes above, but neither seemed to work.

Other Fixes attempted:

/etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties
replace =localhost your domain to the line below
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.HOSTNAME=YOUR.DOMAIN.HERE

/etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties (add the line below)
org.jitsi.jicofo.ALWAYS_TRUST_MODE_ENABLED=true

There also seems to be a few other posts related to this - may be related to a timing issue. Although, I have still not be able to get it to work.