Invite as participant and not moderator when using meet.jit.si public instance

Is it possible to invite users as participants after creating a room at the meet.jit.si public instance. Currently, it is inviting everyone as a moderator which is quite weird because in that case, every participant will have moderator controls.

This is how meet.jit.si is supposed to work, this is a public anonymous deployment and everyone is a moderator in a meeting.
If you want you can use moderated meetings on meet.jit.si, you can go to https://moderated.jitsi.net/ and get a link which is used by the moderators to join and there is a link to be sent to guests.

@damencho Hi
What’s the possibility to add this feature to the mobile sdk?

That should work on mobile …

I mean without using that page, Just by config the sdk to join as Guest or to Join as Moderator?

@damencho

Nope, the idea of that service is always to visit that page when joining as moderator.

I think that will not work for my app, because I will generate the meeting id will save it on database for future usage, and will share it with guests
and I am using iOS SDK and want users(guest, moderators) to join using the sdk
anyway to achieve this?

@damencho
Thanks

Checkout the code of moderated service see how it works and adapt it for your use-case. The idea is that it has access to a private key to sign jwt tokens, which is not applicable to a client-side operation.

Will check that, thank you