Interrupted participants in room forever?

Dear All,
I dont know what happen to my self hosted jitsi that the “interrupted” participants always stay in the room they joined before and already quit for a long time.
Where should I check for this issue?
Many thanks

What is the prosody version?

Here you go:
apt list -a prosody
Listing… Done
prosody/xenial,now 0.9.10-1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
Thanks

This is a problem - you need to update to Prosody 0.11+.

Thank you @Freddie for the info.
Then I have two more questions please:
1-Really participants once join the conference will stay forever? Because we ran the system for 2-3 weeks already and I remember seeing warnings that users disconnected. So you said the old version just incorrectly disconnect users,it does accumulate all users during the lifetime of prosody? Where can I check these stored participants?
2-Can I update prosody independently from other libs, like jitsi-meet, jitsi-meet-prosody jitsi-meet-web… ?
Many thanks

Not sure I understand what you mean here. Identifying participant information is not stored in the default installation of Jitsi. Older versions of Prosody have a problem of ‘ghosting’ where a participant has left a room but it still appears like their ‘presence’ remains. You need Prosody 0.11+ to avoid that problem.

Thank you Freddie.
About one week ago I installed new jitsi using Quick Start, the prosody going with the jitsi-meet package is still “prosody/bionic,now 0.10.0-1build1 amd64”.
So we do need to install / upgrade prosody separately ?

Dear @Freddie
I just wonder updating prosody can solve my problem: some users still stay in a meeting even they disconnected already. Their status are interrupted / restoring and even Undefined (See in the enclosed snapshot)

The fresh quick installation of jitsi-meet two weeks ago still installed the old prosody 0.10, does it mean that you just fix (and detect) this bug recently?
Many thanks