Installed Jitsi-meet on Ubuntu

I installed Jitsi-meet on an Ubuntu server and it did not create the Nginx server block. Is there a way to run the script for it to create the server block or is there a default Nginx server block that I can manually create? Also, looking around the net there seems to be different answers on which ports I need to open in the firewall.

Welcome to the forum.

How did you install? Recommendation is to use the Quick Install Guide - it’s pretty close to ‘plug-and-play’. The guide also clearly states the ports you need to have open. When in doubt, always follow the official source.

sudo ufw allow 80/tcp
sudo ufw allow 443/tcp
sudo ufw allow 10000/udp
sudo ufw allow 22/tcp
sudo ufw allow 3478/udp
sudo ufw allow 5349/tcp

I’d suggest starting over using the guide - trust me, you’d be doing yourself a favor.

I used the Quick Install. Yes, I followed the install and opened the ports listed but when researching on the net I saw where others were saying you needed to open different ports and that I needed to open a range; 10000-20000. I wiped the VPS and I am going to start clean; only having the minimal I need for Jitsi.

One thing I was wondering, do I need to use a certain Debian or Ubuntu release? The provider of the VPS only offered up to Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS; will I need to upgrade to 18 first?

Thank you.

Yep, use at least 18.04.