Installation is ignoring debconf for certificate path

I’m trying to automate the installation of jitsi meet using the following debconf selections:

echo "jitsi-videobridge2 jitsi-videobridge/jvb-hostname string class.mydomain.com" | debconf-set-selections
echo "jitsi-meet-web-config jitsi-meet/cert-choice select I want to use my own certificate" | debconf-set-selections
echo "jitsi-meet-web-config jitsi-meet/cert-path-crt string /etc/ssl/certs/class.pem" | debconf-set-selections
echo "jitsi-meet-web-config jitsi-meet/cert-path-key string /etc/ssl/private/class.pem" | debconf-set-selections
apt-get install -y jitsi-meet

But for some reason the nginx config files that are generated are using /etc/ssl/class.mydomain.com.crt and /etc/ssl/class.mydomain.com.key as the certificate and private key.

Any help on how to fix this?

I haven’t use debconf, but probably there are quotation marks missing in your jitsi-meet/cert-choice select answer?
See this example:

The option in the install screen doesn’t have any question marks, where exactly are you suggesting there should be question marks?

quotation marks - not question marks.
Look at the example and compare the line with jitsi-meet/cert-choice select with your script…

That doesn’t fix it either, rather when I add quotes it actually changes the entry to "Generate a new self-signed certificate (You will later get a chance to obtain a Let's encrypt certificate)" during the installation.

This is a bug in jitsi-meet-web-config postinst script. I sent a pull request with a fix.

Nice one, thank you. I will take a look next week.