Install Jitsi Exactly Like Meet.jit.si

Is there a guide anywhere on how to install Jitsi/nginx/coturn on the same system to work EXACTLY like meet.jit.si?

I can connect many tabs to the same meeting on meet.jit.si and my corporate firewall only allows port 80 and 443 OUT. I only want to allow ports 80 and 443 IN to my self hosted install of Jitsi.

Not sure why this isn’t the default way to install Jitsi as it would work for EVERYONE if it’s configured like this.

Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to install it exactly like meet.jit.si?

Been working on this for months and it never works 100%.

Hi @stondino00.

On the corporate firewall, sounds like you have TCP 80 and TCP 443 enabled.

What about UDP 10000?

-Simon

my coturn chronicles

Thanks so much for referencing your post. I have tried all of that and am still not getting things to work.

Would it be possible for you to share your configs so I can compare to mine?

Thanks

We have the same issue where config I’m asking @Aaron_K_van_Meerten to share the jvb.config. Here’s the original post. Production JVB Config

We have the same setup, but hosted on an Azure network with TURN and minimal traffic. We couldn’t get it right like how meet.jit.si does it.

Yeah I’d like one of the devs to give example configs for a setup only allowing port 80 and 443 OR like we are talking about, just like meet.jit.si works. That is exactly how I need my install to work but I’ve never been able to get it 100% working in 5 months of messing with it.