Install Jitsi by FTP to host server?

I am a little ignorant about how Jitsi can be installed. I install discussion boards, wikis, and so on, by installing files by FTP to a domain name on my host server (Linux). Can I install Jitsi meet the same way?

Nope, you need ssh and root access to a debian based system if using the debian packages and same for other distros where you can use docker.

Jitsi-meet consist of a web client (you can install it with ftp access) but also and few more server side services which needs to be installed, configured and started.

So, my webhost allows me to use ssh, with putty, to my shared Linux server, and I have ftp access to root file.
It is the server side services, like making sure js.node is implemented for which I cannot find adequate guidance for a relative beginner like me.

You don’t need to do this. Just install using the Quick Install Guide and everything will be taken care of for you.

You also need to make sure you can do port forwarding or outside world can access port 10000 udp to your host.