Increasing waiting time for first jigasi participant to a conference

I am using jigasi configured with secure domain. jitsi, jigasi etc are from Debian stable.

Outbound calls work fine, and inbound calls work fine too but for this issue. (This may be working “as planned”, of course.)

When someone makes a jigasi call to the room, and they are the first participant, the call rings for a while, and then ends with SIP/2.0 486 Busy here.

If a second participant joins during the ringing, the calls both connect via jitsi, and work correctly.

My question — and I am not sure if this is one for the SIP server or jigasi, really — is whether I can do anything to extend the time the first participant can ring for, before they get the SIP/2.0 486 Busy here back. At the moment, it’s about 10 seconds, and, ideally, since someone might join a conference a minute or two beforehand, I’d rather let it ring for a long period before dropping it.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Looking in the logs, I see that my jigasi user, from sip-communicator.properties, does not seem to be authenticating:

“Cannot load details for contact username@meet.domain : XMPPError: item-not-found - cancel”

(actual details replaced)

I have deleted and recreated the user in prosody, and I can see that the password is correct in /usr/lib/prosody/domain/user.cat.

I’ve got the username@meet.domain and the password in plaintext in sip-communicator.properties.

Have you tried setting: org.jitsi.jigasi.JVB_INVITE_TIMEOUT for example 10 minutes: 600000?

You can ignore this, it can be disabled if you are using latest jigasi and apply these configs: https://github.com/jitsi/jigasi/commit/c384711210922381ee6e8a85ae7f5242fac43289

Have you tried setting: org.jitsi.jigasi.JVB_INVITE_TIMEOUT for example 10 minutes: 600000?

Thanks! That could be setting I was looking for but missing.

I’ll give it a try.

Thank you.

Initial feedback is that setting this appears to have done the trick. Thank you.

For what it is worth, this was not a setting in the version of sip-communicator.properties that was installed with Debian stable, so I added it as a new line.

Hmm…it is temperamental.

Sometimes it rings for a long period (but not 10 minutes), and, other times, I’m still getting the same timeout.

There is nothing obvious in jigasi.log, unfortunately.