[IMPORTANT] [HELP] LDAP integration with docker-jitsi-meet

I am struggling with this issue from a long time but no success. I have a running docker-jitsi-meet (latest master branch) instance and I want to integrate my AD with it. For testing the LDAP authentication feature, I have an OpenLDAP docker container and phpldapadmin with it. Below is the result of docker ps

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                       COMMAND                 CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                           NAMES
23a2c5b61f75        osixia/phpldapadmin:0.9.0   "/container/tool/run"   26 hours ago        Up 26 hours         80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:445->443/tcp    phpldapadmin-service
69f03ac4c9bf        osixia/openldap:1.4.0       "/container/tool/run"   3 days ago          Up 3 days           0.0.0.0:389->389/tcp, 636/tcp   ldap-service

I have created the following entries in my openldap

These are the LDAP related settings in my .env file

ENABLE_AUTH=1
#ENABLE_GUESTS=0
AUTH_TYPE=ldap
LDAP_URL=ldap://<machine-ip>:389
LDAP_BASE=OU=groups,DC=<name>,DC=com
LDAP_BINDDN=CN=<name>,CN=research,OU=groups,DC=<name>,DC=com
LDAP_BINDPW=Passw0rd
LDAP_FILTER=(mail=%u@external.fqdn)
LDAP_AUTH_METHOD=bind
LDAP_VERSION=3
LDAP_USE_TLS=0
LDAP_TLS_CIPHERS=SECURE256:SECURE128:!AES-128-CBC:!ARCFOUR-128:!CAMELLIA-128-CBC:!3DES-CBC:!CAMELLIA-128-CBC

I have not made any changes except these anywhere.

ISSUES

1. When I insert the full username as <name>@<name>.com and the password as mentioned above, it is stuck on Connecting forever
  2. If I put the uid with password, it shows Incorrect Username or Password

@damencho , @saghul or anybody from the jitsi community who has successfully integrated LDAP with jitsi, please help me resolving this issue.