Icon in safari browser. how to replace

Hello,

Where does the icon that shows up in safari browser exist in the code. I am not able to replace this icon. Please see the attached image for the icon I am talking about

That’s a favicon. I’m assuming you deployed your own instance of Jitsi? If so, you can find it in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/images

thank you @Freddie

Hey Freddie
I’ve replaced both but it sitll shows up. How else can this be changed. Also when I send text link it also shows up despite showing the correct domain name. Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum.

Try clearing your browser’s cache and then check again. You can also try running a meeting in incognito (private mode on your browser).

Thanks for your quick response.

This the image I’m referring to. All of the other logo and Ico pics work fine just this one. I think it’s a css issue.

That’s handled by the OpenGraph meta tags. You can change this in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/title.html.

It will look something like this:

<meta property="og:image" content="images/jitsilogo.png?v=1"/>
<meta itemprop="image" content="images/jitsilogo.png?v=1"/>

Hey Shawn,
I have he correct image in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/images but it still shows the small blue and white image as shown above.
So where is it taking the image from?

You site is still using images/jitsilogo.png in your meta tags:

Doctors_Office_Live

So you either need to change title.html to point to your custom images. Or if you have actually replaced your icons and named it jitsilogo.png, then it could be a cache issue. In that case, you could try changing ?v=1 in that file to ?v=2 to hopefully force a reload.

I should point out in the case of apps (iMessage, WhatsApp, twitter, …) that renders a site preview or icon when you paste the link, the icons will likely be cached on their end since they wouldn’t want to query your site each time someone views or pastes a link to your site. In those cases, it might take a while before you see the updated logo.

Related docs:

Thanks for the help.
I changed all image references to …v=2
It seems that now the jitsi image is only showing on apple messenger but the correct image is showing on Facebook, email and twitter. So i guess I just have to wait I guess.

@Steven_DeCollibus1 just curious. Is jitsi really 4096 bit military grade encryption?
or have you integrated some such encryption yourself?

We used very strong certs

I believe there is one in

/usr/share/jitsi-meet/

too, and both need to be replaced.

Quite interesting @Steven_DeCollibus1 …so the video/audio is not encrypted.correct?

It’s encrypted as well