I recorded a meeting, but I didn’t log in to the dropbox, so I lost the recording. Is there any way I can access this recording in jitsi?

I recorded a meeting, but I didn’t log in to the dropbox, so I lost the recording. Is there any way I can access this recording in jitsi?

I’m assuming this is on meet.jit.si, right? If so, the only way you would have recorded is if you were actually logged into your Dropbox account. Even though you may not have explicitly logged in during the meeting you’re reporting, if you logged in before and didn’t close the browser, you were likely still logged on. So, check your Dropbox; if the recording is not there, check to make sure your account has sufficient storage space. If not, delete files to make space and then check back again later. Sometimes, the recorded file shows up once there’s sufficient space.

When I put it to record, I connected to Dropbox through Jitsi Meet and the recording was carried out. The problem is that Dropbox was out of space, I had to delete the files and now it’s free, with space. But the recording so far has not appeared.

Yeah, figured that’s what happened. Wait a bit; sometimes, if you’re lucky, the recording pops up since you’ve made space for it (but it’s no guarantee). Always best to make sure there’s sufficient storage in Dropbox before activating recording.

Thank you!