I can not activate camera and microphone

Hello all,

I have made according to this tutorial:

I installed a Jitsi Meet Server on Proxmox as LXC with Debian 11.

Unfortunately I can not activate my camera and mic. I have tested this with a wide variety of browsers.

Is there a server setting that sets this, or prevents it?

Thank you and best regards

Have you checked your js console logs? What about jicofo logs, do you see any errors? Check also prosody logs.

I have not found the error and console log only the jigasi.log .
But I can’t see anything there.
Maybe you?

jicofo.log

Jicofo 2021-10-09 00:00:03.038 SEVERE: [412] [xmpp_connection=client] XmppProviderImpl.doConnect#225: Failed to connect/login: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized
org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticationFailed(SASLAuthentication.java:286)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.lambda$new$2(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:407)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.NonzaCallback$ClassAndConsumer.accept(NonzaCallback.java:177)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.NonzaCallback$ClassAndConsumer.access$200(NonzaCallback.java:166)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.NonzaCallback.onNonzaReceived(NonzaCallback.java:46)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.parseAndProcessNonza(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:1447)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.access$1700(XMPPTCPConnection.java:130)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1007)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$700(XMPPTCPConnection.java:913)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:936)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:831)
Jicofo 2021-10-09 00:00:08.048 INFO: [412] [xmpp_connection=client] XmppProviderImpl.doConnect#206: Connected, JID= null
Jicofo 2021-10-09 00:00:08.049 SEVERE: [412] [xmpp_connection=client] XmppProviderImpl.doConnect#225: Failed to connect/login: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized
org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticationFailed(SASLAuthentication.java:286)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.lambda$new$2(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:407)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.NonzaCallback$ClassAndConsumer.accept(NonzaCallback.java:177)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.NonzaCallback$ClassAndConsumer.access$200(NonzaCallback.java:166)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.parseAndProcessNonza(AbstractXMPPConnection.java:1447)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.access$1700(XMPPTCPConnection.java:130)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1007)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$700(XMPPTCPConnection.java:913)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:936)
Jicofo 2021-10-09 00:00:13.059 INFO: [412] [xmpp_connection=client] XmppProviderImpl.doConnect#206: Connected, JID= null
Jicofo 2021-10-09 00:00:13.060 SEVERE: [412] [xmpp_connection=client] XmppProviderImpl.doConnect#225: Failed to connect/login: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized
Jicofo 2021-10-09 00:00:18.068 INFO: [412] [xmpp_connection=client] XmppProviderImpl.doConnect#206: Connected, JID= null
Jicofo 2021-10-09 00:00:18.068 SEVERE: [412] [xmpp_connection=client] XmppProviderImpl.doConnect#225: Failed to connect/login: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized

/var/log# ls
alternatives.log auth.log daemon.log dpkg.log jitsi lastlog letsencrypt mail.log messages private runit unattended-upgrades wtmp
apt btmp debug faillog journal le-renew.log mail.info mail.warn nginx prosody syslog user.log

Yep jicofo wrong password for jicofo user. You need to fix that … the username and password are in /etc/jitsi/jicofo/config

How do I get the password for the jicofo user?
I have not created one ???

Jitsi installers

this may help

Thanks, I will test this once