[How to] Verify Prosody Config After Upgrade to 2.0.5765 / jitsi-meet 1.0.4900

Verify Prosody Config After Upgrade

:pushpin: If you have deployment scripts to help get your Jitsi servers ready for production use, you may need to verify your prosody cfg after the last release.

After you upgrade to 2.0.5765 / jitsi-meet 1.0.4900, verify changes in the prosody config file. Several users have talked about this on the forum but I thought I would quickly highlight the changes in case this helps others.

After upgrading, verify that your /etc/prosody/conf.avail/meet.example.com.cfg.lua file has the correct "client_proxy" lines:

Previous:

Component "focus.meet.example.com"
    component_secret = "..."

New:

Component "focus.meet.example.com" "client_proxy"
    target_address = "focus@auth.meet.example.com"

(diff details)

Likewise, there should also be a file called mod_client_proxy.lua in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/ directory.

As always, make sure both your video bridges and jitsi-meet servers are upgraded to the same version.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! do you know if additional steps need to be adjusted for manual installation? Unfortunately, the installation instructions are not up-to-date.

I have never done a manual install because I find the quick install is much faster to get things up and running.

If you have not already, I would start to migrate to jvb.conf (ref) and jicofo.conf (ref) - More details can be found here.

On the meeting server, I was able to fully move away from sip-communicator.properties by using jicofo.conf.

However, on the videobridge side of things, I still have properties in the sip-communicator.properties file. Settings like org.ice4j.ice.harvest.ALLOWED_INTERFACES and org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.... appear still to be part of the JitsiConfig.legacyConfig

Others can correct me where I am wrong.

1 Like

@corby i have problems setting octo thresholds via jvb.conf, e.g. load-threshold

It seems like my JVB is not using the configuration file.

I start my bridges with the following systemd-service:

[Unit]
Description=Jitsi Videobridge
After=network-online.target jicofo.service
Wants=network-online.target

[Service]
SuccessExitStatus=143
// allow bind to 80 and 443
AmbientCapabilities=CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE
EnvironmentFile=/etc/jitsi/videobridge/config
Environment=VIDEOBRIDGE_DEBUG_OPTIONS="-Xmx4G -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8386 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION=/etc/jitsi -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_NAME=videobridge -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_LOG_DIR_LOCATION=/var/log/jitsi -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/etc/jitsi/videobridge/logging.properties -Dorg.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_LOCAL_ADDRESS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -Dorg.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_PUBLIC_ADDRESS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
WorkingDirectory = /opt/jitsi-videobridge
RuntimeDirectory=jitsi-videobridge
RuntimeDirectoryMode=0750
PIDFile=/var/run/jitsi-videobridge/jitsi-videobridge.pid
// more threads for this process
TasksMax=65000
// allow more open files for this process
LimitNPROC=65000
LimitNOFILE=65000
ExecStart = /opt/jitsi-videobridge/jvb.sh ${JVB_OPTS}
PrivateTmp = true

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Do you have any idea? I still have the sip-communicator.properties.

Make sure you are actually loading jvb.conf when you start. Look in your /etc/jitsi/videobridge/config and make sure the JAVA_SYS_PROPS line has:

-Dconfig.file=/etc/jitsi/videobridge/jvb.conf

Or maybe add that to your Environment=VIDEOBRIDGE_DEBUG_OPTIONS="...." under the [Service] section.