How to use config.js?

We have options to create conference in lib-jitsi-meet project.(I call it optionA)

And use it here

I am confused this option with (optionB)

I know this is the option in /etc/jitsi/meet/my.domain-config.js

What is the difference between optionA and optionB?

Can I use portion of optionB for optionA?
Is optionB used by jitsi-meet frontend? or by jvb&jicofo?

And for example, if I want to control camera resolution, should I modify optionA(in code) or optionB(in server - /etc/jitsi/meet/my.domain-config.js)?
And If I want to change camera resolution from setting dialog)?

While I have never written code using lib-jitsi-meet, I think that there is only a logical answer: when you use lib-jitsi-meet, you are replacing the default jitsi application (the JS part) to develop your own interface. If config.js was used by lib-jitsi-meet, it would mean that the server administrator could change the behaviour of your app ‘behind your back’. It would not be a good way to proceed (even if the server administrator can still configure Jicofo and Jvb server behaviour and it’s not meaningless of course; but as far as your app (client side) is concerned, Jicofo and jvb are controlled by your app through lib-jitsi-meet). That’s my 0.02 euro (I’m not a Jitsi developer)

Thank you for your answer.
I want to know if I replace default jitsi application, then /etc/jitsi/meet/my.domain-config.js is lo longer needed? or yet used by jvb/jicofo?

Option A is a meeting api-level option. It impacts only the meetings started with these settings.

Option B is applies to all meetings on the server.

1 Like

Thanks, always, @corby.

So do you mean /etc/jitsi/meeting/my.domain-config.js is used by server(jvb or jicofo)?

config.js is never used by jicofo or jvb.

/etc/jitsi/meeting/my.domain-config.js is sent to your clients (by nginx) when someone joins a meeting (either by web or iOS/Android app)

1 Like

very clear answer for me. That was I just wanted.

So I need config.js, even though I don’t use jitsi-meet default app, right?

Yes. config.js is the primary settings and configuration file for all clients who connect to your meetings.