How to remove jitsi-videobridge properly

Hello,

So I installed jtisi-meet, and it’s working correctly. Now I want to move jitsi-videobridge out to a different server. How do I remove jitsi-videobridge from the server. I tried apt-get purge jitsi-videobridge, but that will also remove jitsi-meet.

Thanks!

try
sudo apt-get --purge remove jitsi-videobridge

I don’t think jitsi-meet package will be removed if you remove jitsi-videobridge

i don’t understand why you need to remove it at the first place. just stop and disable the service then configure the bridge in different server properly…simple

Before running purge:

ii  jicofo                       1.0-437-1                             amd64        JItsi Meet COnference FOcus
ii  jitsi-meet                   1.0.3346-1                            all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody           1.0.3038-1                            all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web               1.0.3038-1                            all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config        1.0.3038-1                            all          Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-videobridge            1087-1                                amd64        WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)
ii  prosody                      0.9.10-1                              amd64        Lightweight Jabber/XMPP server

After
apt-get --purge remove -y jitsi-videobridge

ii  jicofo                       1.0-437-1                             amd64        JItsi Meet COnference FOcus
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody           1.0.3038-1                            all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web               1.0.3038-1                            all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config        1.0.3038-1                            all          Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii  prosody                      0.9.10-1                              amd64        Lightweight Jabber/XMPP server

So it removed jitsi-video-bridge and jitsi-meet.

For testing, disabling it is fine. But on production, my company that I work for is very strict. They want it as clean as possible.

Thanks!

Jitsi-meet is a meta package just to collect versions of different components