How to package jitsi-meet for aarch64?

Hi there,

I finally managed to build jitsi-meet for aarch64, but would love to make a Debian package with it.
For the time being, I have done:
git clone https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet.git
wget https://download.jitsi.org/jitsi-meet/src/jitsi-meet-1.0.3928.tar.bz2
mv jitsi-meet-1.0.3928.tar.bz2 jitsi-meet-web_1.0.1.orig.tar.bz2
cd jitsi-meet.git && dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc

There are already tons of errors:
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to resources/img/appstore-badge.png: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add resources/img/appstore-badge.png in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to resources/img/f-droid-badge.png: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add resources/img/f-droid-badge.png in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: error: cannot represent change to resources/img/google-play-badge.png: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: error: add resources/img/google-play-badge.png in debian/source/include-binaries if you want to store the modified binary in the debian tarball
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of ‘resources/install-letsencrypt-cert.sh’ will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: error: unrepresentable changes to source
dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b jitsi-meet gave error exit status 2

Is it the way to do it?
Thanks.

What about dpkg-buildpackage -A -us -uc, this is how we build current deb package.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, it worked.
Now that I know jitsi-meet can be built for aarch64, how could I contribute so that this arch is also built on jitsi’s side, so that people can find it on jitsi’s apt repository?

For which project is this? All stable packages are _all so they should run on all platforms, isn’t that true?

I’m not so sure I understand everything…
It looks like the packages I prepared are for all architectures, you’re right.
But when I tried to install jitsi-meet on my aarch64 machines, they were not found.
Producing the packages forced me to recompile some of the dependencies for aarch64, but at the end, the produced packages were for all architectures…
So it looks like I have done lots of unecessary work. So back to the drawing table, as some of the packages listed there are architecture dependent.
I will try to reinstall from scratch jitsi-meet, and see what misses.
The first time, following a tutorial, I got this:

sudo apt-get -y install jitsi-meet
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 jitsi-meet : Depends: jitsi-videobridge (= 1132-1) but it is not installable
              Recommends: jitsi-meet-turnserver (= 1.0.3924-1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Can you do apt-get update first, we updated the packages in stable and you can check all new packages are with arch _all: https://download.jitsi.org/stable/

1 Like

Thanks a lot @damencho, I just tested the installation, and the installation went flawlessly! :heart_eyes:

writing new private key to '/etc/jitsi/meet/OrangePi-4B.key'
-----
----------------

You can now switch to a Let’s Encrypt certificate. To do so, execute:
/usr/share/jitsi-meet/scripts/install-letsencrypt-cert.sh

----------------