How to mute audio and video

Hello everyone,

I’m running the latest stable version of all jitsi components being stable-5765-1. I’m struggling with the environment variable to configure the muting of audio and video when someone joins. I’d like anyone that, moderator or guest, to have audio and video muted when they join a meet.

Here’s a part of my .env to configure the muting as per my wish

# Start the conference in audio only mode (no video is being received nor sent).
START_AUDIO_ONLY=0
# Enabling it (with #params) will disable local audio output of remote participants and to enable it back a reload is needed.
START_SILENT=0
# Every participant after the Nth will start audio muted.
START_AUDIO_MUTED=0
# Start calls with audio muted. Unlike the option above, this one is only applied locally.
START_WITH_AUDIO_MUTED=1
# Every participant after the Nth will start video muted
START_VIDEO_MUTED=0
# Start calls with video muted. Unlike the option above, this one is only applied locally
START_WITH_VIDEO_MUTED=1

With this configuration, when I create as a moderator a meet, my microphone and camera is not muted. When someone joins, everyone gets muted for both microphone and camera.

It’s not exactly what I wanted, since I’d everything to be muted when a meet is created.
Also if a guest comes before the moderator of the meet, the guest has nothing muted either.

These parameters are quite confusing, has anyone managed to make this work ?

Thanks.