How to make jitsi behave like bbb regarding room creation/destruction?

hello,

we want to run our own jitsi server on the internet to be shared by our community/association.

we do not want that anonymous people from the internet can create rooms and use our server.

it’s ok if only special/few people/moderators can create rooms, but we cannot afford providing/administering accounts for every association member.

the members just should be able to use a room without username/password, just by knowing/sharing the appropriate room url.

the problem is, that if we enable authentication + guest use, then only the room creator/host can start the session and if he exits, the session ends and all guests/participants getting kicked out

what can we do to have a room stay active after creation and that it can be used by any person in our organisation ?

thanks
roland

The session shouldn’t end if the moderator exits by selecting “leave meeting” option.

2022-10-09-170747

unfortunately no, not entirely.

you are right, the users don’t get kicked out that way, but after the last user exits and the room is empty, re-entering the room is not possible for non-authenticated users

how can i achieve that the room stays active ?

You may use token authentication and share a link with a token with your members. So, anonymous people cannot create rooms on your server and members can connect at any time…

thanks.

do you mean this one below ?

that means, this feature is not “builtin”, i cannot simply install/use that witch docker compose jitsi (by editing .env file) !?

i’m a little bit lost, this looks complex

Yes, this one but the first guide seems outdated. This feature needs an additional package which is jitsi-meet-tokens.

No familiar with Docker setup, it should be enabled from the YAML file.