How to make Jitisi api open video without Join meeting screen

Hi,
I saw that very recently (like this week), jitisi api was updated and now we have a screen before video with “join button”.

I want to return the original: I am dealing with lots of people who are not used with technology (they are on their 50s or 60s). Also I am in Brazil and jitisi api is not in portuguese (they will simply not know what “join” mean). So any click is very hard for people to understand and get it. A new screen makes things harder for user experience.

Also, especially in my case it is not good to show invitation link since my system it is not supposed to add people using invitation link (i know i cannot prevent it on main talking screen but it is another down point).

Also this screen does not have a close button like the “end call” which my code triggered to close the that “jitisi balloon” (which is a div). Today if user wants wants to give up this call, he/she needs to refresh whole page.

My question is: is there a way for api to open video directly without this “join button” screen? (I mean skip this screen and go straght to talking part as before). It would be awesome a way to simply return to old version which was awesome in my application.

I use the default code for jitisi to open (see that i dont have a jitsi server):
const domain = ‘meet.jit.si’;
const options = {
roomName: ‘roomname’,
width: 600,
height: 600,
parentNode: document.querySelector(objName)
};
const api = new JitsiMeetExternalAPI(domain, options);

Thanks in advance

1 Like

After an answer by @damencho and @saghul on github I got the working and good answer which is:

const options = {

configOverwrite: { prejoinPageEnabled: false }

After setting it, jitsi api goes to video talking screen without passing through “join button” screen which was my target. Thanks guys

I am pasting the answer here that may possibly help someone in future. [solved]

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I faced same problem today and you saved my time!

To jitsi devs: you’re making a great product but such changes shouldn’t be enabled silently to everyone. It really frustrated my team when we noticed unnecessary “join” appeared from nowhere.

1 Like