I built two scripts to install and configure Jitsi with JWT (using my own ssl certificates without Let’s Encrypt and created with Easy-RSA) and Rocket.Chat on top of Debian 10 and I want to share these scripts with all of you.
The cool thing is it just works without human interaction, just execute and wait with a coffee.
Both scripts has variables on top to set some values.
- Debian 10, fresh install without anything (no desktop needed).
- Internet connection (for apt-get, curl and wget).
- Root user (no sudo, just root).
- Copy both scripts wherever you want and change extension from txt to sh.
- Copy public certificate and private ssl key in the same directory.
- Rename public certificate and private key file names to the same as the server’s domain.
domain name: my.domain.com
public certificate: my.domain.com.crt
private key: my.domain.com.key
- Open both scripts and change the variables with your own values.
- Execute as root user #01-install-jitsi-jwt-debian10.sh and wait untill it’s done.
- Execute as root user #02-install-rocketchat-debian10.sh and wait until it’s done.
I hope this quick guide can help you as a start.