How to implemente jitsi federated shard?

Hi all,

XMPP allows for servers communicating seamlessly with each other, forming a global ‘federated’ IM network. I want to know the following assumptions is reasonable? please give direction how to implemente jitsi federated shard?

Given a scenario, User A login into shard A and keep his long connection validate. User B login into shard B and keep his long connection validate. User A want group call with User B. User A in jitsi meet client app select and invite User B. User A app send the xmpp group call request to prosody by the long connection channel. prosody in shard A then look up User B’s location and find user B in shard B at last, So prosody in shard A relay the group call invite to shard B by XMPP s2s protocol. shard B prosody send to invite to user B’s client app. After User B answer the call,User B client app connect to JVB server which assign by shard A jicofo arranged.

thanks
Jayden

For jitsi-meet we do not use federation and long running connections. A meeting/conference (represented by xmpp muc) is alive only when there are participants in the conference, the media exchange starts in the moment they join.
Probably you can make it work with federation and long running connections, but this will imply modifications in multiple parts of the project and your forks will diverge a lot from the upstream and will be hard to keep up to date.

@ damencho thank you very much for your quick reply !!

I look forward to hear your expert advice, please so kind to provide some idea about how to modify especially how to implemente s2s relay and different shard user how to join the same meeting room.

thanks
Jayden

I cannot give you any advice here. The idea around jitsi-meet is what I’ve already shared, conference and connection are available only during a meeting after that everything is destroyed. If you want to modify the system to work another way, I cannot help you, you need to experiment with your ideas …

@ damencho Many thanks for your help. I will try to experiment. thank you again!

thanks
Jayden