[How to] How do I use the prejoin page?

The prejoin page is a simple feature, released around June, 2020, that will improve over all user experience with joining meetings. This post will help you learn more about what it does and how to enable it.

With this featured enabled, participants can perform the following actions before they join your meeting:

• verify camera access & make sure they are presentable
  • verify microphone and speaker levels
  • set their display name
  • copy the meeting URL
  • optionally, elect to hide future prejoin pages

See it in action

When enabled, participants will see the following page before joining your meetings

How do I enable the prejoin page?

There are two simple ways to enable the prejoin page. One setting applies to “single meeting” urls and the other applies to “all meetings”.

1. Single Meeting

Enable the prejoin page for a single meeting by adding #config.prejoinPageEnabled=true to the URL you share with your meeting invitees.

:globe_with_meridians: For example: https://meet.jit.si/PreJoinExample#config.prejoinPageEnabled=true

2. All Meetings

Enable the prejoin page for all meetings by setting prejoinPageEnabled to true in your meet...-config.js.

Uncomment // prejoinPageEnabled: false, and change it to prejoinPageEnabled: true,

:information_source: This file is typically located under /etc/jitsi/meet/meet.domain.com-config.js

2 Likes

One more way to access prejoin page i.e. using API:

1. Skip the Prejoin page if enabled :

const options = {
    		    roomName: 'test',
    		    parentNode: document.querySelector('#meet'),
                configOverwrite: {
                             requireDisplayName: false,
                             prejoinPageEnabled: false
                }
};

2. Force the Prejoin page :