How to get started with Jitsi Videobridge?

I have a Project where I have to develope a video conferencing application with the SFU topology. Now I found Jitsi Videobridge and don’t really know how to get started with it. Is there a good documentation for it and is that something for what I am looking?

Thank you for your help!

You could do worse than read this doc:

if you want to work with jvb you have to know webrtc, so go to webrtc.org and https://webrtchacks.com

If all what you want is to build an app using videobridge, don’t study videobridge. Use lib-jitsi-meet, it’s the recommended (javascript) interface.

1 Like

I did some research but as I am new at this I dont really get how to Implement SFU.
Could you help me with it or is there maybe any example, because i couldn’t find any.

Use a debian based distro and install jitsi-meet and start studying how it works, its different components, this is a video conferencing app, you can use it as it is by embedding it in your app using the iframeAPI or the library lib-jitsi-meet.
If you want to just use jvb you need to implement by yourself a UI(like jitsi-meet), a signaling client library like lib-jitsi-meet, and a signaling focus like jicofo which will be communicating with the bridge.

1 Like