How to get Jitsi Meet older version? [Version 2.0.5142-1]

Hi everyone,

recently I installed Jitsi Meet but it´s obviously a brand new version, and all my documentations are still for the old one. So I would like to install an older version (December 2020).
But everytime when I apply “apt install jitsi-meet” I get only the new one.

When I apply: dpkg -l | grep jitsi

I see this e. g.:

jitsi-meet 2.0.5142-1 (installed in December 2020)
jitsi-meet 2.0.5390-1 (installed in January 2021)

So, any ideas?

Regards, ATH

You can install a specific version for example with:

sudo apt-get install jitsi-meet=2.0.5142-1

Installing the ‘jitsi-meet’ package will pull the dependencies of that particular Jitsi Meet version.
You can see a list of the installable versions of that package with one of the following:

apt list -a jitsi-meet
apt-cache policy jitsi-meet

Both don’t require root privileges, unlike the install command above.

P.S.: Another option is to use aptitude and manually select the specific version. Aptitude (in its ncurses interface) also gives you a better view over the whole system, what is installed, what are the dependenies, versions, etc.

Thank you! I will try.

Regards, Konstantin

This doesn’t seem to work for me:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 jitsi-meet : PreDepends: jitsi-videobridge2 (= 2.1-376-g9f12bfe2-1) but 2.1-416-g2f43d1b4-1 is to be installed
              Depends: jicofo (= 1.0-644-1) but 1.0-692-hf-1 is to be installed
              Depends: jitsi-meet-web (= 1.0.4466-1) but 1.0.4628-1 is to be installed
              Depends: jitsi-meet-web-config (= 1.0.4466-1) but 1.0.4628-1 is to be installed
              Depends: jitsi-meet-prosody (= 1.0.4466-1) but 1.0.4628-1 is to be installed
              Recommends: jitsi-meet-turnserver (= 1.0.4466-1) but it is not going to be installed or
                          apache2 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

This is a clean Debian docker image with just the Jitsi repository added. Only the latest version installs fine.

You need to install those specific versions of the dependencies. The latest dependencies are typically called by default, so if you’re installing a package that requires a different set of dependencies, you’ll need to install those dependencies manually.

It’s always better to use aptitude for more complex combinations of specific versions, especially if you are not very comfortable with apt/apt-get commands.

hi @yasen , if I wanna install jitsi-meet-5765 do I have to install those specific version requirement shown on screen always? If I install latest jitsi-meet-6173 and then replace the jitsi-meet foldeer with the “jitsi-meet” folder that was runn ing ok with jitsi-meet-5765 can this cause serious prblem? or what procedure should we follow if we want to stay stable on frontend but also want the updates in backend with minimal impact on front.
(edit: I was working on jitsi_meet-5765 and made our custom jitsi-meet(was working with jitsi_meet-5142) compatible but in new fresh server, when I install 5765 and use that front end it seems like it got broken. why is the reason for that? )
Thanx in advance :heart: