How to do one to one calling in JITSI (without rooms) in android

I am using android to implement the Jitsi meet in an app but I wonder that is there any to do one to one calling using JITSI without rooms…? Without Room meant- A user would not required to create the room and he/she will directly connect with other user. Like we do whatsapp call.

If you mean P2P communication by “without room”, this is the default behaviour when there are only 2 participants in a room. The audio/video traffic is not transfered through the server in this case if the peers can connect to each others directly.

Without Room meant- A user would not required to create the room and he/she will directly connect with other user. Like we do whatsapp call.

You can use the signalling in your app and once the called party answers you drop them both in the same room.

how to do that? Is you are talking about signalling server to setup or something else? Also how I will get to know that which user is online and offline? Will I have to use MongoDB or Firebase Firestore to achieve the same?

This is out of the scope of jitsi. You can find solutions for those based on your requirements and when you need the audio and video conference use a link to place both participants in a room.

1 Like