How to create multiple jibri instances?

Is there any tutorial or steps on how to get started with creating multiple jibri instances. We have successfully completed installing jibri with our jitsi-meet setup. For recording/streaming multiple conferences at same time we need to create multiple jibri setup. Can somebody share some docs based on multiple jibris?

Replicate the working instance you have and just change the nickname in jibri.conf.

1 Like

if we configure multiple; JIBRI instances as said above; will jitsi pick a random instance as and when recording is started?

I think so, Because after that only I was able to do concurrent livestream or recording.

It’s not quite random. It selects the least-recently-failed one out of the set of Jibris that aren’t currently busy, which if your Jibris don’t fail, is just the first one in the map. Kotlin maps preserve insertion order, so in the absence of any failures, it will select Jibris in the order that Jicofo detected them. This can result in Jibris tending to always be used in the same order if you don’t use single-use-mode, which may or may not matter to you.

I usually recommend using single-use-mode with Jibri. It makes it go to EXPIRED state after each recording/stream, and you can monitor that state and treat it as unhealthy, so that it will be restarted by whatever is managing your processes/containers. This improves reliability by ensuring a clean environment for each recording or stream (Chrome sometimes has a tendency to leave processes around otherwise), and if you’re using containers also improves security by reducing the impact/persistence of any potential compromise (an automated web browser being probably one of the highest-risk services you are running), since the whole container is destroyed and recreated for each recording/stream.

1 Like

Great! i didnt know of these issues with jibri. Thankyou for letting me know the details.