Hi! I’m new to jitsi. I want to send data when button clicks. I have hosted my own server.
Welcome to Jitsi @Doston_Oripjonov
I’m fairly new to React so I included a custom JS script to do the same. But this is the best what I did so far:
Follow the steps:
- Add the specific button (if you want to add a new button) using React UI.
- Add the onclick function on the button.
- Add an id to the button(class would be fine as long as it unique).
- Include a custom JS in the index.html file which is inside the jits-meet folder.
- Add an event listener to the specific id you have added.
- The JS function will be triggered on an onclick event.
- You can write your own logic for serving the host server.
Hope this helps.
Hi @mudass1r , I am also working on a proect in React. Can I use these custom buttons to fire an event and send data to my own DB. For example, if I have an end call button which fires an event to get UserID from my Database(MongoDB) ?
Welcome to the community.
We you can do that. Also if you are using React for initiating Jitsi. I recommend you look at the below source code.
Let me know if you have a specific problem.
@mudass1r Thank you for the quick response, I will look into that. Another question, can I connect jitsi to my database somehow ?
I achievied it by using react request to make Rest API call to my Lambda which handled the MongoDB operations.
You can try that.
Okay, thank you so much !
Hello, I’m creating a meeting app using Kotlin. How can I create a new button or add new onClick function on an existed button?
For example, I want to navigate chat’s onClick to my own fragment so I can retrieve chat history on my own serve.
Thanks in advance!
Sorry for the delay. Being away from community for a while.
To answer your question I guess you have to deep dive into the Chat functionality for this. Checkout the Chat module and install the lib-jitsi-meet in your instance to understand the flow of the Chat trigger.
Let me know if helps.