How to bring back support for Safari 13 with docker-jitsi-meet 6726?

I run a docker-jitsi-meet instance, and I need it to support Safari 13 due to having users that are still using it and (for reasons I don’t wish to explain right now) cannot upgrade.

Due to the log4j vulnerability, I just updated my instance from 6173 to 6726. However now when Safari 13 connects to it, it presents the message: “It looks like you’re using a browser we don’t support.”

Is there any way to allow Safari 13 to use this Jitsi instance? After searching through the docs and config files I haven’t found anything relevant I can change.

I think a decision was made not to support Safari 13 anymore. Not happy about it either 'cos many of our users are still on 13, but the team decided it could no longer be supported.

Could you or someone else recommend a good way I could modify the MIN_REQUIRED_SAFARI_VERSION variable given that I’m using docker?

Changing that variable will just remove the error message, it won’t fix the bugs that lead to Safari 13 being marked unsupported. AFAIK the unwritten policy for Safari support is the current version (15) and the previous version (14).

I’m not aware of any showstopper WebRTC bugs in Safari 13 (please correct me if I’m wrong) so this is likely just due to prioritisation of developer resources towards browsers & browser versions with more usage share.

Changing that variable will just remove the error message, it won’t fix the bugs that lead to Safari 13 being marked unsupported. AFAIK the unwritten policy for Safari support is the current version (15) and the previous version (14).

I’m aware of this, but I’d like the option to be able to continue using Safari 13 anyway even if it’s unsupported. At least as of version 6173 it was still working well.

I think the latest couple of versions do not work on Safari 13 even if you patch out the supported browsers.